• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Throttle problems

Ok I Could not do that! It wants to rev right up to 3k
Yet there are no codes
I ran a carcode scan and I have the results in an excel work sheet how can I post this for someone smarter than me to look at? There is tons of data here I wouldn't be surprised if it could tell you if you farted while driving.
I dont want to spend 700 bucks for nothing.

Do you get the same issue on WVO? When my pump was on it's way out I would get the touchy throttle only on diesel. Problem went away on WVO. I drove it that way for almost a year before finally having a runaway throttle when in neutral:eek:. Runaway throttle is pretty scary when it happens. I did have a code 36 for a few months before the pump died so I am surprised you don't have any codes.

Haven't run on vo lately so I dont know I changed the resistor to a #5 from 9 and it seems to run a little better. I still have the problem at about 45 mph cant hold a steady 55 tranny keeps dropping out of od and it just wants to go faster when you try to let off pedal to control the speed it surges.
Any thoughts:rolleyes5:

Garage: active
Send a message via Yahoo to Truckie117

ok here is some data to sink your teeth into at my web page
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7ye05/

Just going by memory[scarry] ,the app should read low on 2 of the 3 at idle. the 3rd goes high to low. I'd have to check the manuals to be positive. It shouldn't make it do what you are discribing though. If there was a real problem with the app it would throw at least a check throttle light and set a code. I'd look for a air leak in a fuel line. Put a section of clear tubing on the return line at the ip. Air bubbles will be visable while running. Pensecola and diesel pro get less than $500 for a ip without the pmd.

Had the exact same problem with mine a couple years ago. Purchased a reman IP from dieselpro, and have been truckin ever since.

Throttle problems all gone new pump and injectors and glow plugs :) now I have to bleed brakes new rotors and calipers and hoses. This is the most service needy vehicle I have ever owned!

Back