• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Throttle Position sensor questions

ranchtruck

Reaction score
Hey got a 1993 chev with a 6.5 and a 4l80e trans. The trans will go into overdrive and lock up, then kicks out. I saw on a forum it could be the throttle position sensor and it may need adjusted so I did so. One way made it shift hard and would go into OD at all, the other would allow it to go into OD but still kick out. Could the sensor still be bad or should I be looking internally at this problem. Thanks

Pull codes. Likely its slipping and going into limp mode. No, trans problems don't turn on the service engine light...

No trans shifts great. Fluid looks and smells great ( as great as tranny fluid can smell) No service engine light. Trans had a light overhaul on it about two years ago. By light I mean it wasn't a full rebuild. I will get the codes pulled as soon as I can.

so I got the codes pulled. I swear I will be bald by the time I get this thing going right. Right now wishing I had enough money to go buy another truck!!!! Codes are 22-APP circuit low 68- trans slip detected 81 trans 2-3 shift solenoid circuit fault 85- trans gear error 87- trans gear ratio error So that is what I have. thanks for the help.

Trans rebuild is like 2-4 new truck payments. Regardless you have some codes to look into that may fix it wo a rebuild.

Back