• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Thoughts on a T04E14?

restoguy

Reaction score
Ive always wondered about the turbo from a 6.6/7.8 'brazilian' ford sixer. Ive learned its a Garrett T04E14 with a couple different exhaust housings avaliable. One is for sale near me with a 0.7 A/R compressor and 1.0 turbine.(some have a 1.32 turbine) What I know about turbos could be learned in less than 20min so I thought I'd see what the experts here thought about it!

It will work but may be kinda slow to spool. In my opinion there are much better turbos available that will work much better ,but that being said if it's really cheap i would probably try it!!

I might take a look at it. If its good and tight $100 isnt too bad. Im sure I could get my money back out of it when Im done.

I was just looking and we have one here that needs rebuilt but it looks like it would work alright. It would be somewhere close to an hx-35 but maybe slightly more airflow.

Back