• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Those of yall with WMI

saturntech95

Reaction score
What are you guys running for GPH sized nozzels?

Actually add a bit more info if you could like brand, tank size and how often you fill, MPG difference, what PSI you activate, useage (towing, mileage, perf.).

I think its time I finally install one of these kits on my truck cause I have a basically unlimited supply fluid at work so I might as well use it finally. :mad2:

Actually add a bit more info if you could like brand, tank size and how often you fill, MPG difference, what PSI you activate, useage (towing, mileage, perf.).

I think its time I finally install one of these kits on my truck cause I have a basically unlimited supply fluid at work so I might as well use it finally. :mad2:

Devils Own progressive kit.

7 or 10 GPH "microdroplet" nozzle.

6-7 gallon custom fiberglass tank under my bedside like a saddle tank.

Only water for me.

Can drain it in about 1-1.5 hours if I'm towing uphill all the way. about 2-3 hours flat running with a heavy load. Lookout pass and 4th of july drained it in one run to the top pulling my 8000 lb travel trailer, but I also had the water turned up higher than normal. basically, just short of flame front quench.

MPG improvement? not much if any at all noticed. But then again, I only use it while towing a heavy load so who knows what it might be empty? I've seen claims of 1-2 mpg, but I can't confirm or deny that....

Mine comes on progressively at 7-8 psi and is max delivery at 12.

I only use it for towing to give me a "margin of safety" for egt and ect control.

I have a 32 gallon tank. it is 10"x12"x63.5". Use right at 1 gallon of water to 1 gallon of diesel. Mileage increase is there too, over 2mpg increase, if I drive it right. I have the older Heath/Snow 2 stage kit, number 7 nozzel in each line. Primary comes on at 5 pounds and secondary at 12. At a high altitude and run out of water you can feel the power drop. A little off the WMI subject but the propane comes on, with just a whif of propane at 2 pounds of boost and a full 2 cubic feet per minute at 20 pounds of boost. A big mileage increase with the propane, if it is set right. At high altitude and run out of propane and the truck falls down hard. About .4 gallon of propane to each gallon of diesel with a 23 gallon tank on top of the water tank.

I have a 4.75 GPH @100psi and 3 GPH @100psi injector, they were staged at first, then I simplified it so they both come on at about 4psi boost. Dont use it normally though. I run it at 120psi. I prefer small nozzles for best atomization. I use a 10-20% methanol mixture.

just installed a Heath system. Basically an invisible system so far. Towing a medium trailer and med load on a 1000 trip. I'll report on any impressions when back. On at 5psi and full at 13. 16 gallon tank from US plastics, mounted in front of bed.

360 miles one way loaded...about 12 gallons, unloaded on return, about 5 gallons. Invisible in use. 16.19 mpg towing medium load. Cruised at 60 on mostly hilly with a couple medium mountains. Pa to Mass.

If I were you I would try lowering your boost at cruising speed, if you used 14 gallons running empty must have had more than 5psi of boost most of the time, unless its from climbing hills a lot. If you can get it down to 3psi of boost on flat cruising it will likely increase your MPG. Of course 3.42 gears puts you at a pretty good RPM for cruising 70mph, not great for lots of hills though. Thats assuming youre using a turbomaster. If its the vaccum setup then the PCM program probably has too high of boost at low fuel rates.

The route coming back had more hills; got tired of the traffic and rough roads on the interstate. Running on the level, it usually pulls 2 1/2 to 3 lbs boost, even with the gear vendors engaged; 1750rpm at 70. Although the several grades did not allow it's use. 3rd over worked great with load and boost stayed below 5psi most of time. Got 18.49 mpg coming home. Right now, set at start boost at 5 and full at 13. Probably move max back to 15. Max pyro was 900 on long loaded grades@ 13 lbs boost. Water temp stayed at normal temp; less than 200 degrees. Have Heath's P series chip.

Back