• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

This thing needs some love

Sure, but I'd think it could be returned. I'd bet the original harness is still there and missing parts would come out of a junk yard.

One could probably fund the mods with the sale of the 327 and the corvette wheels.

That is such a sweet ride, and I love that some guy from the UK wants to buy it and ship it over there, but the seller giving him a hard time being price stickler on a car hes never driven that was from his friend that passed away.

A Trans Am shaker scoop mounted backwards on the hood. That's a little bit hack. If it were engine mounted poking through a hole in the hood, and facing the right way, maybe I could deal with it, but it looks like something a high-school kid would do.

That is such a sweet ride, and I love that some guy from the UK wants to buy it and ship it over there, but the seller giving him a hard time being price stickler on a car hes never driven that was from his friend that passed away.

That question seems like a typical craiglist scammer "pickup line" as well, with the shipping company and such. It may be legit but i wouldn't trust it.

The Olds 4.3L V6 and 5.7L V8 Diesel engines were optional in the G-series chassis in late '70's early '80's - used an angle-mounted Stanadyne DB2 IP driven off the camshaft - 30-35mpg was not unusual for those setups, using the 700R4 and rear gear ratios down around 2.27-2.87 - those were the engines with constant head-gasket problems that had been directly converted from the gasser (patooie!) versions, with the IP mounted where the ignition distributor had been, thus giving rise to the shade-tree myth that the 6.2\6.5 was a converted gasser (ditto!)

And, that's the......other.....side of the story.................

I had a love hate relationship for a few years with the 5.7's,. favourite car was 80 pontiac catalina,. manual windows, a/c, tilt, cruise, vinyl seats,.
at the end i,d added ford rocker arms,. twin remote oil filters, 403 gasser head studs, cutlass headers, with a good timing chain, and a wee bit more advance and fuel than facory settings,. the old lump would run 110mph,.with a metric lockup tranny and the 2:21 Gears,. with good glow plugs it,d start down real cold (-10f) i couldn't get the propane sorted out,. and the wee turbo i tried was a disaster ( i didn't then and don't really know now everything about turbo's) it went cross country twice,. and it would get 35-38mpg depending on the wind and the terrain,.when that particular motor (small poppet injectored) gave out again for the last time,. i had a hissy fit,. lowered the car 2" added one of my old 468 full roller olds race motors,complete with hookers and big thermoquad,.with t400 with 3500 stall,. sounded just like a bus labouring to cross the intersection with those long gears, burnouts lasted forever,. got a lot of curious looks at the lights camming away,. (with the hydroboost vacuum was a non issue)
changed the t400 for decent t350 lockup,. and then had another learning curve about large over powered sedans and factory under powered braking systems,.was fun tho playing with high dollar import sedans that couldn't understand why they couldn't leave a lowly pontiac behind at 100mph+ and then they'd be amazed as it motored on by at much higher speeds,.
we also added a muncie 4 spd (bop bellhousing) to my friends 81 cutlass 4dr,.kept the bench seat,. that raised some eyebrows,. we used iraqi taxi parts, and told folks it was factory original,.:D
I think with cometic gaskets,and arp studs,. a 5.7 could be made to work pretty well,.

:iagree: A few years ago, I had an antique Lyman boat for sale. I had the same type of response from some one making it all sound too easy. They were going to have it shipped to Holland for a Christmas present.:icon_bs: I agree that it is strange that people fall into these pits of deception.

I had a 79 Malibu wagon. Loved that car. Unfortunately a telephone pole jumped into its path. :sad:

Back