• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

this is where i spent half my day .... JD 4560

VW_Lupo_TD

Reaction score
77305779.jpg

pulling a cart that holds about 40k lbs of corn.

pure awesomeness.
with the duals in the back i took up the entire road.
all oncoming traffic had to pull over.

):h

Awesome isn't it? I have many hundreds of hours logged in operating a JD 4960 pulling a Hesston 4790 midsize baler. Congrats on the experience, I miss it.

Sir please change your avatar.
I have not blinked in 30 seconds and it may cause harm ;-)

yeah it is awesome.
i will try and help out again tomorrow, the shifting was a bit tricky
but i bet with a couple of more hours should not be a problem.

i also got to drive a Kenworth Semi (Detroit Diesel) with a Eaton Fuller 15 speed transmission.
now THAT was a bit trickier.

The guy i am helping out also got a new 8230 yesterday with a huge ass cart that has monster truck tires, kinda like this :

2297495019_small_1.jpg

and he also has a 9250 which is humongous, so I am working my way up the ranks ;-)

equipment.jpg

the combine he has will not even fit in the pole barn because the cutting apparatus is wider than the door and it tells you via GPS how much area you have already done and how much is left to do and stuff like that.
maybe one day i will get to drive that, that would also be sweet ...

Awesome, the new JDs are just plain badass. I never had the opportunity to operate a new generation tractor. I have operated (driven doesn't quite describe it) the following, that I can remember: 2020, 3020, 4020, 4230 (one quadrange, one powershift), 4040, 4440, 4450, 4455, 4555, 4960, and something close to an 8960. Also a JD 310 backhoe, I enlarged a hole. There are a few other non JD things that I'm not gonna mention. :D

The word you are seeking is "flotation" tires. ;)

Does that 4560 have a 15 speed powershift or a quadrange (A-B-C-D & 1-2-3-4) transmission?

Nice. Yes, when those switch gear clusters it can be a bit of a surprise. One time, when I was younger, my dad let the clutch out and thumbed the stick forward on a cluster change before I was situated and I plowed my head into the back glass. Ouch.

Haha cutting aparatus... Head, in common vernacular. Nice 4560 though.

i think it is maehbalken where i come from, but not sure ;-)
the combine is maehdrescher and the head is maehbalken i believe.

Dutchman??

Sir please change your avatar.
I have not blinked in 30 seconds and it may cause harm ;-)

yeah it is awesome.
i will try and help out again tomorrow, the shifting was a bit tricky
but i bet with a couple of more hours should not be a problem.

i also got to drive a Kenworth Semi (Detroit Diesel) with a Eaton Fuller 15 speed transmission.
now THAT was a bit trickier.

The guy i am helping out also got a new 8230 yesterday with a huge ass cart that has monster truck tires, kinda like this :

2297495019_small_1.jpg

and he also has a 9250 which is humongous, so I am working my way up the ranks ;-)

equipment.jpg

the combine he has will not even fit in the pole barn because the cutting apparatus is wider than the door and it tells you via GPS how much area you have already done and how much is left to do and stuff like that.
maybe one day i will get to drive that, that would also be sweet ...

Wished I had the acres to have some green paint to use it on. I do have a compact Kubota that I use around my 28 acres....

ya'll ever watch a 9250 (or similar) tractor pull out equipment? I was fortunate enough to be sick the day a concrete truck got stuck at an old farm house that my dad was adding on to(snow on ground, truck sunk into warmed up loose soil near new addition). Dad called a local farmer up and asked him to meet at the house - we got stuck behind him going up the 1 lane driveway (outside tires were in the grass and inside tires were coming off the ground), and when he went through the gate - there was about a foot on either side of clearance, then the tractor snapped my dad's first set of chains like they were rubber bands. Had a lesson on respect (of equipment and neighbors), appreciation (equipment and neighbors - offering payment for the farmer's time), safety (when pulling stuck vehicles), and humility (dad had to call someone up). (Dad tried pulling the truck out using his F250 with a v8, 4 wheel drive engaged - all 4 tires just spun) - and the tractor left some nice imprints from the tug.

Back