• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Thinking About Getting A UTV (Side-By-Side)...

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
Anyone here got one?

I'm def gonna need one with a Bed on it, so none of the "Sport" ones will do, def. gonna have to be a Workhorse.

Has to be 700cc or Bigger as well.

I use to have a 2009 Kawasaki Teryx sport. The newer ones are even better than my 2009. They have a bed and can do 55mph+.

They have a ton of aftermarket stuff for them.

I wish I still had it. :mad2: Getting rid of it was a big mistake.

Use yer truck, its got everything you need ;)

My Yard is all Trimmed Out with Landscaping, so I can't get my Truck in, or else I would. :)

I've read people are still having Belt Problems with the Teryx's. Which is why I didn't Buy the Brute back when I got my Utility Quad, they were having the same problems back then.

I'm kinda leaning towards a Polaris Ranger or Can-Am Commander. Just about everyone seems to be happy with them and they have Minimal Complaints...BUT...there are such Good Deals going on on other Makes / Models it makes it seem like you should just go with them due to the Price Difference.

For example, there is a Dealer, about 100 Miles away that has Leftover '13 Teryx's for $8400!!

My Yard is all Trimmed Out with Landscaping, so I can't get my Truck in, or else I would. :)

I've read people are still having Belt Problems with the Teryx's. Which is why I didn't Buy the Brute back when I got my Utility Quad, they were having the same problems back then.

I'm kinda leaning towards a Polaris Ranger or Can-Am Commander. Just about everyone seems to be happy with them and they have Minimal Complaints...BUT...there are such Good Deals going on on other Makes / Models it makes it seem like you should just go with them due to the Price Difference.

For example, there is a Dealer, about 100 Miles away that has Leftover '13 Teryx's for $8400!!

I never had one issue with my teryx, not one. I have not heard of anybody having problems with belts. The only issue I had with my Teryx was me getting rid of it. They are great machines. They do have the old model new ones marked down. Mainly because of the new body style change over. Watch out for the extra pricing on those deals. They find ways to make there money.

I saw a can am commander 2 weeks ago while out riding and they have a bed like the rzr. If I ain't mistaken the ranger is speed governed to 25? or 35? might want to look it up.

I got lots of friends that have brute force 750's. They mainly mud them. I have not seen our heard of any of them complaining about belt issues. From what I see on the forums there is more haters than anything else. Wish you luck on your choice.

I never had one issue with my teryx, not one. I have not heard of anybody having problems with belts. The only issue I had with my Teryx was me getting rid of it. They are great machines. They do have the old model new ones marked down. Mainly because of the new body style change over. Watch out for the extra pricing on those deals. They find ways to make there money.

I saw a can am commander 2 weeks ago while out riding and they have a bed like the rzr. If I ain't mistaken the ranger is speed governed to 25? or 35? might want to look it up.

I got lots of friends that have brute force 750's. They mainly mud them. I have not seen our heard of any of them complaining about belt issues. From what I see on the forums there is more haters than anything else. Wish you luck on your choice.

Yep, I know all about those Bait Deals. Yea, sure, it's $8400, but you HAVE TO Finance with the Dealer, can't Buy it Cash, then you find out it's also at some Ridiculous Rate.

The Rangers aren't Governed that low, they still Hit about 50mph. The Mule's are Governed that Low though.

Also, Overheating Issues with the Kawi 750's. But hey, any Machine is gonna have it's problems. People say the Rangers sound like the Trans is gonna fall out when you put them into Gear, but the noise is just a Polaris "thing".

They made a "Commercial" Ranger 6x6 back in the day that was yellow, and governed to 25 so you could just use Slow moving Vehicle triangle reflectors on them and go on the road like a tractor, versus having to license as an ATV. Our local DNR auction had a few, almost bought one till I googled it...

Nice low end torque in the 2nd video. The 1st with the stack is over the top. The stack makes the tilt bed unusable. For power and specific uses, the diesel is the way to go for sure.

I know a contractor that has a 2004 Kawasaki Mule that he has mainly used on the farm and he really likes it. I think it might be a 600 or 610 cc. He says that it is not fast, but has a good sized bed on it and is a real work horse. I think it has a solid rear axle and was pretty stable on the hill side according to him.

He sold that one the other day and bought a new one since he liked the other one so we'll.

Myself I have been seriously thinking about buying a utv to use on the farm and around the house. I good sized bed would be a plus since I might haul some firewood and other stuff with it. The hardest thing would be is deciding which one to buy. I know Kubota sells some nice pricey ones, even a diesel. Bed size might be the main thing. I know the Kawasaki that I mentioned earlier will haul a roll of hay according to the guy that had it. Not sure about that, might have been one of the small 500 pound rolls.

Most I've seen said they'll fit a Full Sized Pallet in the "Bed" between 600-800lbs...but then there's some that can only fit a 1/2 Sized Pallet.

Also, another Feature I found out about the Can-Am Commander, you can take the Floor out of the Bed to make it Deeper, so you can Carry even more. Or keep the Floor Installed, and you kinda have an Under-Bed Storage Compartment.

It's an Interesting Design.

We used both the polaris rangers and the kawasaki Teryx on the demolition range, Teryx wins hands down. Handling, reliability, top speed, towing, reliability (can't say that enough with this comparison).

3 rangers and 3 teryxs. After the first season the trans was going out on 2 of the rangers, 1 was holding up (electric short somewhere). One of the teryx's was rolled and had some suspension damage. Otherwise no issues. All vehicles used to carry explosives, medical gear, drag practice bombs down the sides of mountains and across sand/salt dunes so they could be hooked up to the 2 1/2 ton for final collection.

We beat the crap out of them on a regular basis haha.

If your looking for slower speed utility the mule, gator, and kubota are all great choices.

Check out "Japanese mini trucks" too. You get a full cab, heat and a/c.

That all can be Added to a UTV, plus, in my Area, even though it's going to be used on Private Property, they'd make me Register / Insure it.

Not sure how good they would do Plowing either, if they aren't 4wd.

Well, I think if I get one of these things, it's gonna be the New Honda Pioneer 700.

It's on par with all the other Models, better in ALOT of Categories, it's a Honda, it may not be the Fastest, but that's an easy Fix.

Oh yea, and it's only $9999!!!! For a BRAND NEW HONDA!!

Honestly, if you buy any other Machine, it's only for Brand Loyalty or because you didn't do enough Research.

Well, I think if I get one of these things, it's gonna be the New Honda Pioneer 700.

It's on par with all the other Models, better in ALOT of Categories, it's a Honda, it may not be the Fastest, but that's an easy Fix.

Oh yea, and it's only $9999!!!! For a BRAND NEW HONDA!!

Honestly, if you buy any other Machine, it's only for Brand Loyalty or because you didn't do enough Research.

All the utv, side by sides, or what ever you want to call them are made the same (except the chinese junk). Some do this better than others. Some do that worst than the others. If you really boil it all down it is all about brand loyalty.

I do not care who makes what when it come to the first year model of a new product. I always wait till other people have figured out all the quirks and issues that it will have.

The new honda states it has a torque converter. From what I have seen that is a first for a utv. Most have a sealed cvt trans.

If you do get this one, hope you get many years of trouble free use out of it. In my eyes nothing is more upsetting than a machine that does not start/run when you need it the most.

My daughters chinese atv has been making my brain work on overtime to keep it started.

Do lots of research on the Honda trans. Some claim they are really expensive to repair. I do not know this first hand. Maybe this could be brought to light?

Back