• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Think I blew a speaker.

Unit453

Cruises comfortably at 140...
Administrator
Reaction score
It started making some awkward sounds today and sound on the right side was fading in and out. Then I was getting a whistling coming from that side that varied depending on throttle position. It rose with my speedo. So, yeah, I think I blew a speaker. I'm not sure how exactly but its too late now.

Anyone have any stock Bose door speakers laying around they wanna sell? I'm also running a Lux amp with the touch screen nav so it is putting more power through the speakers...Still, no excuse. Is it worth it to upgrade the speakers or should I stay stock? I'm assuming these things are expensive...?...

Anyone have any ideas? I need to do something because I'm already annoyed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever you do, you should know that our Doors leak Water into them, and the Speakers get wet.

I know this because I went through 2 Sets of VERY Expensive Speakers in my Truck before I found out about the Water leaking in.

You'll see when you pull out the OEM Speaker, it has a little Foam "Umbrella" on it to try and keep it Dry.

It could be it just got Wet and it shorted the Voice Coil out.

If you don't plan on adding an Aftermarket Amp, I'd recommend Alpine Type S.

Ive already got a lux amp we put in from the stock Bose unit. I'm not replacing that. My budget dosent exist anymore.

see if just the fabric on the top is ripped. i think that was the case with my last ones. diesel dually alerted me of that, speaking of him where has he been is everything all right with him i haven't seen him on here in a while. any way if it is torn just take it all off, most cases problem fixed.

i replaced mine with alpine and am very very happy with it all. truck sounds great now, also did alpine receiver as well. i have 2 non bose speakers if you want i will give you one, but i am assuming you are going to go bose again.

i recommend the alpine, SPS-600 6-1/2"/6-3/4" 2-way Car Speakers (SPS600). very good quality good price got them local they were much cheaper local than crutchfield, i think i paid like 80 for mine.

At least your radio is working. The reman junker the stealer through in it has started screwing up. The stock radios have the auto-volume that adjust itself with road noise and such. Well it worked properly for the 1st couple weeks but now it work opposite of its design. the radio will play normal at idle but when you accelerate down the road the volume goes away so you manually have to crank it up to its limit so you can hear it. This is fine until you come to a stop and the volume cranks back to the max. I have turned the auto-volume off but it still does as it pleases. Oh well, GM can give me another one i guess. Maybe by then i will need speakers too.

Back