• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Think GM will pony up on some injectors?

DieselPhreak

Reaction score
What are the odds that GM will put the 200k warranty on our injectors? I am pretty sure I got some going out, odd part is all the balance rates look fine. My problem is I get some pretty mean fuel knock (sounds like it is only 1 cylinder doing it) it is more pronounced when the motor is cold. It pretty much goes away when its warmed up. However when it is knocking you can give it more throttle or less and it will quit. The power has fallen off, won't even spin the tires anymore and the exhaust will burn your eyes! Is there anyway to tell (besides balance rates) which injector may be bad? Oh and by the way I took my brother in law for a ride mothers day and it embarrassed me! I floored it and it started cutting out. Much like a fuel cut?

Here is a video I found on youtube that resembles what it does with the bucking

YouTube - Duramax injector problem?

Thanks in advance!!:beer:

-Brian

Fill out your signature so we'll know what year and model your truck is. It makes giving advice much easier.:pop2:

Oh yeah, i remember seeing that.:doh:
I'm doubting that they will do like they did on the injectors for the LB7s. There just haven't been the massive numbers with the same problems. Besides they probably would've done it by now if they were going to.

Well didn't they just recently ad 04's to the 200k club? I just wonder if they will add the 05's. After all some 04's are LLY's also right? Not fair in my book!

The 04's that were added were the ones with the LB7 engine, not the LLY.

To clarify a few misconceptions; The fuel injector coverage is not a "warranty", its a special policy which will cover the cost of replacing the fuel injectors do to failures within certain conditions such as high return rates and internal leaks, etc. Also the LB7 and LLy engines are different. the LB7 has the fuel injectors internal to the engine whereas the injectors on the LLY are external and a different design.

There is a sticky under the LB7 section the goes more into detail on this matter. It shows the Special policy.

I had a set replaced under warranty and they said I have another 100K on top now. I kind of depends on the dealer. Mine has done all my warranty work even with EFI and some other stuff. Some fudge the mileage to help you out as well. good luck!

Check your wiring harnesses for each injector.

1 and 7 go out on the LLY. There is a special fic for this am Gm usually covers it.

The injectors on the LLYs rarely give trouble, just the harnesses which always give trouble.

If you have a knocking sound id bet its the harness, or at least that its definately not the injectors. When they go out there isnt an knocking, just hard starting, poor economy and blue smoke.

Definalty check your harness. Sounds like you could be having this issue.

I appreciate it guys! I'll check into it today, maybe see if I can bend the prongs a little bit to give a snug fit.

Also. I just rememebered one more thing.

You do know that our trucks always make a knocking sound right??

GM has written a few articles about it. It has something to do with the crankshaft. I guess all diesels do it, ours is just more pronounced since the motor is so quiet.

The ticking/knocking sound sounds only like 1 cylinder and is fairly loud.

But If you already know about that and your positive its an abnormal sound, check the harness.

How many miles on your fuel filter? If you haven't changed it in a while this could definitely be a possibility.

Back