• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Thermostat housing question

ghostrider500

Always stirrin' the pot
Reaction score
Alright, so I'm in the process of putting a new fan clutch and Dmax fan on the '98 in my signature and am planning on changing out the thermostat(s). First, I think I got the two thermostat set-up; I've tried to post a pic, but am ready to throw computer out of the window trying to make the file small enough to be posted. Anyway, it looks like a double hump; my question is how does one go about getting the bottom bolt out of the side closest to the A/C pump? Take the pump off? I can barely get one finger down back there. Help is appreciated. i took some pics of the new fan clutch/fan combo vs. the old and will post them up if i can ever figure out the picture downsizing. Never had this problem before, even posting from a pic host site won't work.

Four bolts on the A/C compressor and a couple bolts holding the A/C lines later and I got the T-stats out. Now to put the whole thing back together.

Back