• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

There's a new rig in town...

matuva

Tropical 6.5er
Reaction score
New Caledonia. An island in south west pacific, cl
... and I'll soon be driving it :D

My father in law and I recently bought a 1994 K1500 Blazer. This poor thing was in a really bad shape, the PO just put some fuel in the tank and drove it, doesn't matter it was smoking white as hell and heating.

The diagnostic was severe : blown headgaskets, cracked heads, but luckely, the block was safe.

2 new heads and headgaskets later, + some cleaning, new wheels, few paint job and powder coating, she's alive again.

Next is to repair the leaky A/C circuit loosing refrigerant, some body paint job and inside cleaning..

Some pics :
Engine1.jpg Engine3.jpg
Caramel1.jpg Caramel2.jpg
Engine2.jpg turbo.jpg

Nice!:thumbsup: Had a feeling you wouldn't stay away from the 6.5s for too long.:agreed: Looks like you've been holding out on us.:skep: All that cleaning and painting didn't happen over night:D

I just painted my fender flares with Duplicolor Bed Armor. They were faded out like yours and its looks pretty good IMO. Just a thought.

Nice truck!

Thanks for the kind words buddies :D :D

Yup, pleaseure to come back in the 6.5's world, though I always kept an eye on it in different ways.

Things are recovering slowly, I will keep the little Zuki which has been and still is a very faithful servant, and will now
be back :D

Nice!:thumbsup: Had a feeling you wouldn't stay away from the 6.5s for too long.:agreed: Looks like you've been holding out on us.:skep: All that cleaning and painting didn't happen over night:D

X2, welcome back!

Welcome back! New rig looks awesome. And yes, ill have to agree, "a little powdercoating" is deffinetly an understatement.

Hey Matuva, you never really left, but glad you have another 6.5. Welcome back to the world of paranoia...

Back