• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The other tow rig, maybe now primary?

No, pto’s are not universal.
There are some which will fit multiple transmissions or transfer cases. Some only fit one.
The bolt pattern is quickest way to see fitment, but diameter & depth of gear has to be determined also. Finally constant drive or limited drive comes into play. Depth of shimming the driven gear is always good to check no matter what you use, even if the manufacturer says no shimming needed- it doesn’t hurt to check.

There is a place here that used to have great skills in finding any type needed.
No clue how they are nowadays. Just offering incase you find nothing else, as this outfit has never been low cost.
PTO Sales in North Las Vegas (702) 633-4226

There are 2 primary PTO mounts, 6 bolt and the larger 8 bolt. The drive gear though varies per application and many pto models can have multiple drive gears installed.

Haven't looked into which ones for this tcase yet. Some of the current main pto manufacturers are Spicer, Muncie, and Chelsey.

Nice truck red, if it wasn't so far I have a paint matching box that could be had for reasonable, fairly new tailgate as well. Looking again the color may be different, mines Teal Green, blue and green can be hard to discern with lighting.

Nice truck red, if it wasn't so far I have a paint matching box that could be had for reasonable, fairly new tailgate as well. Looking again the color may be different, mines Teal Green, blue and green can be hard to discern with lighting.

Agreed color can be off in pictures. It's the teal green color up top. Still undecided on bed plans but I have a feeling that a flatbed or utility bed of some type will be the better option for me. Truck will be used offroad and being a dually the bed rails will make contact with rocks/trees from time to time.

Been taking my time removing the tcase due to weather and just not being in a rush to do the job haha. Only thing left to drop it is remove the transmission mount, unbolt the tcase, and lower it down. Oil in the tcase looked like the right level or maybe a little low but nothing crazy.

Back