• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The old 6.5 could have taken the 24V...

I'm using close to 1 gallon of water (2 stage system)to 1 gallon of diesel if I'm traveling in an area with lots of hills. Boost turns the WMI on at 2 pounds and the second stage at 10 pounds.

The propane use is about .4 gallon to each gallon of diesel. Just a whif of propane at 2 pounds of boost and 2cfm at about 15 pounds of boost.

I usually cruise around 60-62 at 4-5 pounds of boost at this time.

The water doesnt add the power, its the more dense air and the increased compression of said air because the water doesnt compress like air. How much horsepower does an intercooler add? Figure WMI is even better.

I thought one of the main benefits of the ATT was lower IATs, negating the need for an intercooler.
Is WMI better suited to hot climates? It's been Africa-hot here for two weeks, but it's normally not too hot here. And is it effective when its not super hot? For some reason I thought that was a hot climate trick I guess.

The water doesnt add the power, its the more dense air and the increased compression of said air because the water doesnt compress like air. How much horsepower does an intercooler add? Figure WMI is even better.

If I didn't add water, thru the WMI, I wouldn't get any more power so the water use must add power.

If I didn't add water, thru the WMI, I wouldn't get any more power so the water use must add power.

Yes this is true. The addition of water adds the power, but the power comes from higher density air (more oxygen per cubic inch) and higher heat (compression) in the cylinder. Its just an explanation how water alone could add potentially 40hp. Just as you would expect an intercooler to add some horsepower, the WMI does it even better.

Yes this is true. The addition of water adds the power, but the power comes from higher density air (more oxygen per cubic inch) and higher heat (compression) in the cylinder. Its just an explanation how water alone could add potentially 40hp. Just as you would expect an intercooler to add some horsepower, the WMI does it even better.

Whew!

I always it heard it described as not giving you more power, but allowing you to have power back that you were previously losing to heat, or whatever. So it's not technically adding power, just preventing power loss.

However, hydrogen molecules changing the density making a better combustion cycle, is in fact adding power. I guess in my above post I was thinking about the cooler IAT benefit, along the lines of I/C. Which I think does save power rather than add power.

Back