• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The glow shift gauges

fish24711.bb

Reaction score
Hopefully sneak out later and install with leroys boost bolt and get some pics
8d665295b0d1ce8cb5a94d547158abf8.jpg

Well I hooked up my boost guage and I only have
Like 2lbs of boost at wot so I thinking bad waste gate or vacum pump ??? Any ideas:skep:

WOT at what RPM and how heavy of load?

WOT sitting still will only make 2 psi boost.

If you only get 2 psi boost it would smoke badly.

X2 on WOT with 2 pounds of boost. Lots of black smoke. I deleted vacuum pump cause I was getting one every year.

I was empty @ 3000 rpm was kinda smokey ill have to check the hose for boost guage and make sure it didn't get broke during install? Could be kinked

should have about 22 inches right at the pump and when it's idling the same at the turbo. if it's not the same at the turbo check tubing and the solenoid. if it's ok at the turbo check to see if you can move the actuator arm easily (an indication of a bad vacuum can). another possibility is a seized wastegate (not common).

Did you drive it or you just idling pressing the pedal?

You need to drive it around and get the different condition on the road to see the accuracy of the gauge or you put the sensor on the wrong spot.

I installed using leroys boost bolt I did some in town driving 0-30mph and highway 35-65mph not showing any boost now

Well the progress is slow but got the trans temp installed need some wire to run to the pod and make a ground. Also gonna put my cross over pipe on with the egt probe

Well the progress is slow but got the trans temp installed need some wire to run to the pod and make a ground. Also gonna put my cross over pipe on with the egt probe
got the crossover pipe on now just need to finish the wiring for the guages and get the chip in

Back