• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

The forced air induction\more fuel thread...

That thing moves! What does that Burb weigh? With 3.42s that is very impressive. Faster than my 5800 lb pickup with 4.10s. According to the times and you shouting out I got about 20 seconds from 0-90 mph, nice!

I think it weighs about 8000 lbs. +/-

Yea she flies, I would go faster but that was on my country two lane and didn't want to wreck, I looked down at the speedo and saw how fast I was going and backed out before the curve.

On the highway my GPS said 138 mph one time and my wife just about killed me for trying to keep up with a motorcycle.

do you have any pics of the downpipe itself? seems like a nice upgrade and i could handle the everything for the upgrade besides the downpipe. If i go this route im going to order the peninsular upper intake to gaurantee good unobstucted flow into the engine.

The pic I've posted shows the top part [exhaust elbow]and the only thing not showing [because it's so damn tight] is the 3 1/2'' to 3'' reducer with a band flange welded to it so I wouldn't have to modify the [diamond eye down pipe].

If I take it off in the future I will take a pic of the full elbow, but it's made to fit my D/E D/P and if you have something different you'll have to fab a different setup anyway.

thanks for the compliment, yea I love this turbo so far, it may get better with some pcm programing mods.

Right now it's optimized for the old GM8.

Here we go, wish I had the friggin edit button right now.

Referring to post #142/#143 all runs were foot to the floor and the truck is actually a little faster if I go about 1/2 to 3/4 pedal at first and them ease it to the floor as the rpms climb.

That's Awesome RobZombie !!! I've been planning on getting a knock off HX 40 my self but maybe with a 3" outlet... not sure just yet, have other big hurdles at the moment.

Mike

Ok, so there were no mode to the existing downpipe? You just fabbed up an elbow to match up to the downpipe you already had on the truck? That's good news if I interpreted that correctly. I currently have the ssd downpipe connecting to dual 3" exhaust. So if I could get the elbow fabbed up is be golden. The oil return matches up to the current line correct? The only other mod is to either get an adapter for the oil supply or tap it to the GM threads?

Man that custom chip must be really good! I mean I could see a turbo making a big difference but wow does that thing accelerate for an 8000 lb burb with 3.42 gears. From what turbonator has said the HE351VE is similar in size to an HX40? I hope my turbo will perform like that with the right set up!

You definitely have to get that thing on a dyno someday...

My turbo is not the popular ones being sold on ebay.

It has a bigger exh. housing and the biggest compressor wheel in a hx 40 style turbo. The HE351 is smaller and would probably have better bottom end and a little less top end power.

My turbo is closer in size to an ATT, just a little smaller on the exh. side and wastegated. And I think the most important thing is the T3 flange.

I will try to post the full specs soon.

As far as the chip goes, it is set up for the GM8 and will probably run better once enough data is collected and I can get the chip optimized for this turbo.

Damn...I got dizzy tryin to read those gauges sideways...:rof:
Real nice. Just a point to those who can't easily make a spacer for the upper and don't wanna spend for a Pen Upper, could you cut the upper intake back some and make the angle with flexible line ?
Real nice job. you put this whole thing together fast. The T3 flange and the fact that the drain tube lines right up are huge pluses. So what would you say you got into this so far ?? Cost of turbo etc...?

Yeah I would like to hear too on cost, where did you get the turbo?

I have about $450 in my HE351VE, that includes getting raped on all the exhaust stuff I needed for the downpipe.

Just a point to those who can't easily make a spacer for the upper and don't wanna spend for a Pen Upper, could you cut the upper intake back some and make the angle with flexible line ?
Real nice job. you put this whole thing together fast. The T3 flange and the fact that the drain tube lines right up are huge pluses. So what would you say you got into this so far ?? Cost of turbo etc...?

Yes you could cut the intake further back and make up the difference with a silicone hose.

Price start to finish is

Turbo, $350.00

Elbow, $35.00

V-Band clamp $25.00

V-Band adapter $25.00

Grand total of $435.00 hard earned dollars.

This is where I got the turbo, it was on ebay, just nobody else is selling one in this configuration

Turbo Charger hx40 dodge ram pickup cummins diesel (270809270558)

Very nice indeed. I just reread this but it's late and I must have missed it, What is controlling the wastegate ? I saw in the pics a pot with a vac hose ??

I think there is one on there right now, the title matches exactly. Hmm, very good price, if I was really in the market for a turbo. Wonder if I could sell my VGT to cover the cost of a this one :)

Back