• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Thanks for the brotherhood of 4x4ers!

Pillow

Recruit
Reaction score
Well I got stuck this last weekend on a soggy patch of field going to a VW show in Ocean City MD... On top of that I was already locked into 4x4 and towing a 25' travel trailer(3700lbs)! Many people got stuck at the event because it was all grass parking area.

Anyway the tow jockeys wanted $150 for a pull out... For 8' of going forward to firmer ground!

Of course they set it up to look like a big pull out with two tow trucks and winches... Keep in mind I am still semi on top of the grass, not buried to the axles or anything drastic. So I look at the guy and ask why? He just says "this ain't my first rodeo. It is more work than you think"... BS I have been stuck plenty of times and I know this was not bad at all. So I told them $50 or piss off. They walked... Too bad for them.

About 2 minutes later a guy and girl in a Ford Powerstroke 4x4 drive right up and say "need a pull". And of course I am on it. Put the soft strap on the tow hooks and 1 minute later it is daisy's.

I offered up many thanks to him and offer cash for his service, but in the end was just happy to have a Ford pulls a GMC story. :)

That is what the brotherhood of 4x4ers is all about... And is why I carry a strap all the time, just in case.

Good one! Glad to hear it. I have a framed pic in my shop of a friend (now gone) standing next to his F150 chained to my '83 Chev SB after he pulled me off the road when my fuel pump puked. He cherished the story and I'm proud to display the photo he gave me as a Christmas present about 2 years before he died at 42.

There are definately jerk offs like that out there....but I think the real 4x4s plenty out number them....they are pretty much everywhere...like angles that appear all of a sudden,,,and aren't looking for compensation...even refuse it after an offer to accept is made.....sometimes the jerkoffs appear first though...they're like leaches

Good to hear it! Ill let any GM, Ford, or Dodge pull me out! and I pull everything out in the winter 'round here

Back