• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Thank you Leroy

guybb3

Reaction score
My FRB-5 died only a couple of hundred yards from the house and I managed to get it restarted and limp home. I thought it had been sounding funny for a little while. Well I ordered a new one from Leroy and it was at my front door in under a week. BTW he was about $20 cheaper than EVERYONE including Summit. Another reason I buy from him whenever possible.

While I'm on the subject, does anyone know of a rebuild kit for the FRB-5 so I can have a spare?

Screens and gaskets Leroy can get. If the electronics are dead, no. Internal parts may be had by calling Walbro direct. It's been a long time since I rebuilt mine from scoring up with bad fuel.

Thanks, Warwagon. I don't think the electronics are bad, it makes plenty of noise. I'll bet it's just scored/worn out. I'll give Walbro a try after I open it up and see what's wrong.

Let me know if you need a parts donor or another to rebuild for a spare. Ive got a couple dead FRB5's and a 10. Personally had horrible luck with all of them so I switched to the Raptor which I should have done a long time ago.

-Nick

My FRB-5 died only a couple of hundred yards from the house and I managed to get it restarted and limp home. I thought it had been sounding funny for a little while. Well I ordered a new one from Leroy and it was at my front door in under a week. BTW he was about $20 cheaper than EVERYONE including Summit. Another reason I buy from him whenever possible.
Thank you!
The FRB5 is still a great pump for the DB2 trucks.

Also, I have stopped carrying the FRC10. They have changed something about it in the last 6-9 months and now that pump is garbage. Ive replaced it on my web site with a much better LP.
http://leroydiesel.com/product-category/fuel-delivery/

At one point they were night and day over the off the shelf lift pumps in the same price range esp. with the B99 I ran in the day. Bad fuel with the screens removed tore mine up, but, the rebuilt FRB-5 is still going. FRC-10 did not have parts available from Walbro. IMO they are throw away pumps. Others have reminded us that there were never perfect.

Here is the torn down pumps for reference:

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/threads/walbro-frb5-upgrade-spring.45323/

We don't buy from @Burning oil due to low price. Frankly it's not often that he is the absolute lowest price. We do buy from him as he provides customer service shown in part by pulling bad products ASAP. The support of our "Forgotten Diesels" he provides is worth something including unique better parts.

To give everyone as much info as possible, I've had the Walbro on there for years (at least 100,000 miles, I'll check) and I've put everything in the world in the tank (homemade BIO, WVO, Hydraulic oil, blah blah). I also ran it dry a million times because of the tank sock issue that took me forvever to figure out. Then my tank delaminated, get what I put it through?

Back