• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Test drove a truck yesterday - 06 LBZ

You're part of the TTS 'brotherhood' Forest so of course we're keeping an eye on ya...;)

And again, I appreciate it! Gerald pointed out a truck for sale in Springfield, that's on the duramax forum, that looks promising. But the distance brings issues too... Anyhow, I'll post the info when I can. Anyone we know live near Springfield?

Anyone we know live near Springfield?
Illinois? Not that checks in regularly. There's a guy near Champaign/Urbana but that's a stretch to Springfield.
Check around our area Forest and fly home for a visit to see the folks. Might just find something to drive back.

Also, you'll never use the front 3rd seat, no matter who it is. It's easier to put 4 in the back, so don't let a console be your decision...

The 40-20-40 seats were almost exclusive to the std cabs and most EXT or CC trucks were dealer ordered with the console in the higher trim levels.
I liked the 40-20-40 seats in my '00 and '03 std cab trucks but I really like the console. Been married going on 32 years so the cozy with the girlfriend thing is about over with...;)

I thought I had found a promising 07 LLY, but when I calculated the mph, I came up with 137. The dealer said the cluster may have been replaced. So what do I do in that situation? Stay away from it since I don't know the actual mileage? Stop looking for a newer truck and just put money into my current truck? (haha)

Ask the dealer to print out the history of the truck. Being an 07 I would think any work performed would have been at a dealer.

'07 LLY no.
If it's a new body style ('07 & up) it would be LMM
Old body style is LBZ

I know I should put this finding in the 05, but I feel bad enough going through my prospects, let alone starting a new thread.

05 K2500, cc/sb - http://www.torgersonautocenter.com/Details.cfm/511173048/ - "To our knowledge, the truck has never been chipped. The motor has 3004.9 hours on it. The bed length is 6.6 ft. The only maintenance records I have for it are the things we've done to it. We've put on new tires, a new windshield, we had the instrument cluster rebuilt and put in a drop-in bedliner." 30mph too low?

And 2 other questions... Is this new enough to be able to access the vitals/locks of the trucks via my phone? Or does the truck have to be 09 or '10 & newer?

Also, days the allison have the manual shifter or engine braking when towing, or did that come out later too? (ok...3 questions)

I know I should put this finding in the 05, but I feel bad enough going through my prospects, let alone starting a new thread.

05 K2500, cc/sb - http://www.torgersonautocenter.com/Details.cfm/511173048/ - "To our knowledge, the truck has never been chipped. The motor has 3004.9 hours on it. The bed length is 6.6 ft. The only maintenance records I have for it are the things we've done to it. We've put on new tires, a new windshield, we had the instrument cluster rebuilt and put in a drop-in bedliner." 30mph too low?

And 2 other questions... Is this new enough to be able to access the vitals/locks of the trucks via my phone? Or does the truck have to be 09 or '10 & newer?

I don't think the onstar support the remote lock/unlock but on the '11's and newer, but I'm not sure about that.

Also, days the allison have the manual shifter or engine braking when towing, or did that come out later too? (ok...3 questions)

All allisons have the engine/trans breaking.. It just gets better the newer you get. :D

Alot of idling but 30 mph ave is not unreasonable

You won't get that in an '05

It's a 5 speed with Tow/Haul
Looks good and I believe it would be a really good truck for you Forest. Do a KBB inquiry in the proper price though or you may be paying too much. My guess is about 22-23 ought to get it.

This is good info for the prospective buyer. Not that I could afford a DMAX right now, but I like to catalogue it away in my brain :)

This is good info for the prospective buyer. Not that I could afford a DMAX right now, but I like to catalogue it away in my brain :)
There may not be a whole lot of DMax discussion compared to 6.5s but I assure you there is a considerable amount of knowledge about them here. ;)

Well, I think I'm going to try and go for it. 550/month w/ no money down and no trade-in. (They tried to offer 2k for trade in. I don't think so...)

You're not gonna know how to behave in all that luxury compared to your old truck.:hihi: If it was me I'd have given some thought to a trade though.

You're not gonna know how to behave in all that luxury compared to your old truck.:hihi: If it was me I'd have given some thought to a trade though.

I intend to either sell or trade it, and I think I can get more than 2k for it. I'm also hoping that sometime down the road I can find a center seat to replace the center console. And maybe even a custom upholsterer to make it leather... :) But I've gotta get the truck first, haha

***Staff edit: at the request of the original poster...this thread has been split ...his purchase and technical information on upcoming mods and experience can be found here...
http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?35278-I-just-bought-an-LLY ***

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not a bad price...at least compared to trucks in the south. Keep in mind, it's pretty expensive to delete the DPF on the 07.5's and up...but it's a must (I've been told) to get the fuel mileage like the LBZ. My buddy's 2011 cost a little over 3k $ to delete.

I spoke to him today...obviously I misunderstood the amount. He paid 2k to delete but for some reason he chose H&S Performance...don't know much about them but just taking a peak some of their stuff is kinda high...like the tuner he picked.

Back