• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tent Trailer opinion

Clark20ry

Agent #58 OB-DII A(ALCU)
Reaction score
My wife and I have been researching either a travel trailer or pop up trailer. I was getting a fishing permit today in Sportsman and saw this

http://www.jumpingjacktrailers.com/

I really like it my only complaint would be nothing over the windows. If it was raining you would have to have your windows zipped up. Anyway Is it worth $4995?

Well small to store. I can tow whatever, I just hate living in a HOA and a small lot...

I hear ya there. No HOA, but I've got a postage stamp size parking area for the "fleet" I have to park. Have to store my horse trailer at the in-laws place.....of course the horse is there too :rolleyes5:

Don't know if it matters to you or not, but some campgrounds like around yellowstone and glacier parks require hard sided campers. Pop-ups don't count, and certainly that thing wouldn't either.

I look at longevity in those and just fear that the material will rot or tear well before my 5k of money has been properly used. Hard sided will last forever as long as it doesn't get leaks.

5 thou seems a bit much for a tent stapled to a basic utility trailer base.

You could by a used pop up hard top for as much or less and get far more convenience (tables, beds, stove, space, storage, clear windows, etc).

If you're a hunter, it might not be as easy to pull deeper into the woods though and quads would have to go in the bed of the truck.

What's HOA?

I hear ya there. No HOA, but I've got a postage stamp size parking area for the "fleet" I have to park. Have to store my horse trailer at the in-laws place.....of course the horse is there too :rolleyes5:

Don't know if it matters to you or not, but some campgrounds like around yellowstone and glacier parks require hard sided campers. Pop-ups don't count, and certainly that thing wouldn't either.

I look at longevity in those and just fear that the material will rot or tear well before my 5k of money has been properly used. Hard sided will last forever as long as it doesn't get leaks.

5 thou seems a bit much for a tent stapled to a basic utility trailer base.

You could by a used pop up hard top for as much or less and get far more convenience (tables, beds, stove, space, storage, clear windows, etc).

If you're a hunter, it might not be as easy to pull deeper into the woods though and quads would have to go in the bed of the truck.

What's HOA?

Very good points that is why I asked thanks... I think I will save for a solid travel trailer...

HOA = Home Owners Association :mad2:

Back