• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Taillights falling out!!

cgreen

Recruit
Reaction score
My left taillight assembly has been popping since I've had this truck-since February. The bed has not been on the truck but for maybe 6 months since my uncle put the flatbed on the week after he got the truck, and I put the regular bed back on in the summer. Now the right side is doing the same. My dad's truck did the same thing about a month after he got it, also an 06. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a TSB for it to get new assemblies since the truck is out of warranty?

when you remove the lamps for bulb replacement the first time, you need everything you got, plus to get them dam things out. maybe give em the bubba treatment.

The screws are tight on both. The right is actually broke where the top screw is. It has never been hit there, just gone down bumpy roads. It looks like the driver's side is seperating with the red lens just popping out.

mine did that for a while too. took it back to the dealership and they replaced some tab that had broken, hasnt done it since

Well now the left turn signal is randomly not working. I drove it to Birmingham and it worked with the tailgate down, put the tailgate up and it did not work. Hit a big bump in the road and it started working again. It's looking like new taillight assemblies are in order, hmmm led maybe. ):h

Back