• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tailgate window switch

Ripcord

Reaction score
I am in need of a rocker switch which operates the tailgate window. This switch is located in the dash just above the ash tray. I cant find one anywhere. Can anyone help me?

I have owned my 1984 Chevy Diesel Blazer K5 since 1996. Recently I have started rebuilding my vehicle it is well worn now but will soon look new. I am putting door pins and a speedometer in it this week, then ball joints. I have already completely redone the brakes. More to come

Welcome to TTS!
I did some quick digging and used a '98 Burb for the search.

Part number for the Rear Gate Switch is 15687025 but discontinued.

Given the discontinued and apparent no longer available (NLA) status, consider a bone yard or eBay and include Tahoe and Yukon (and possibly Escalade) of the same year as part of the search as IIRC they all shared the same switch.

Alternatively, it is highly likely that a simple momentary switch will work in its place.

If it is similar to a window switch from a door I have a 99 Tahoe that I don't need the back seat door switches any more. Post a couple pictures and I'll compare.

Back