• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Tach and speedo are the only things working!

jcool

#78 A(ACLU) FNG
Reaction score
all my other gauges are non funtioning including the fuel gauge :nono:. also both driver and pass door buttons(locks, windows, seat heaters are not working as is the xm and regular radio. truck still will play cds though. only windows that work are the rear doors but only on the buttons on them doors. tried checking codes but the bully dog programmer does not seem to be connecting to the truck, just says waiting for dtc's for over 20 minutes.... also the battery light and abs light are now on constantly. truck runs and drives great though.... any ideas... maybe body control module??? thanks guys...

Sounds like one if not both of your batters are low. These trucks can do some oddball things when the batteries get low.

LB7? My Dad's LB7 used to do weird stuff like that when low batteries or bad grounds were an issue...

Clean it all up, charge it all up, check the fuses (pull 'em all and put 'em back, just to clean the contacts)... none of this costs anything.

Those trucks used to switch grounds when things were fuzzy - messed with programmers, cell phone kits, stereos, power accessories... give it a try. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

Thanks guys, truck has new batteries, connections are good and I went through all the fuses. I will put it on charge tomorrow for a few hours though since it has sat for about two weeks waiting to get a new water pump installed. When my dad used it a few weeks back it would turn over but not start. same thing happened to me on a cross country trip and ended up being the cig lighter fuse blew and after I replaced it it ran fine:confused: no idea what the connection was between the two though. anyhow it was the same thing with that again.... I did notice that his gps was left plugged into the truck come to think of it... two weeks of a slow drain could very well cause that! Thanks a bunch guys I will let you know how things go tomorrow!

batteries are good. What grounds do I need to look at, or better yet where in the world are they! Thanks guys

Back