• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

synthetic fluid in transfer case ?

can anything be interchanged with this Blue fluid if my truck is equipped with it ?

Mike

If you have an automatic transfer case it uses the auto trak II blue fluid. If you just have the push button on the dash then it is a manual shift transfer case. GM just added an electronic soloniod to shift it for you.

I have the manual shift lever on the floor so than its the standard ATF unit ?

Mikey

I'm not sure about your year but it is not the using the Auto Trak II fluid.

Also, the trans case should only hold about 2 quarts. Easy to drain and fill.

If your T case switch says Afwd then you need blue stuff ):h If you just have 4HI,2HI, 4L, N on your shifter normal dextron is fine. I do like amsoil in my t-cases. seems to shift better when cold.

Coolness thats just what i ws going to do to mine was AMSOIL AFT as long as it wasn't the auto trak unit. . .

it seems that its not. . .

Mikey

if its for your duramax then use 5w30 motor oil. recommended by the manufacturer. if its the 6.5 I have no freakin idea!

if its for your duramax then use 5w30 motor oil. recommended by the manufacturer. if its the 6.5 I have no freakin idea!

Where did you get that from ? I know some guys are running eng oil it the
t-case but I've never seen anything saying the manufacturer recommends it.

NV is the manufacturer. Rockland is a respected rebuilder of the NV cases. Rockland is the one that recommended the 3qt 5W30 Synthetic motor oil fill. I have had that in mine through 2 winters and have had good luck with it.
NV only recommends the ATF fill (2qts).
That's how I interpreted all the info that was originally posted by Mike L and after several PMs with a guy from NV who got badly flamed in that thread.

Ok so the duramax holds 2 ta 3 qt of lube thats wonderful news great info but ummm I hate to interupt here but if i could just get a bit more info on my heap that would be good. . .so to my truck than. . .

You know the truck its like a GMC 2500 4x4 only older ? the one powered by an engine like a turbo diesel only slower ? Green paint shiney wheels, grill insert running boards roof visor cab lights. . . yea thats the truck. . .

floor shift T-case requires AFT got it now i need to know how much dose that hold ?

Mike

If i don't have enough fluid i cant just drive the Rig back into town n get some at the high price shop. . .
I don't care if i have a little too much i just don't to be short. . .

There isn't a need to be getting snappy at me sir this was my thread about MY T-case you guys desided to talk about some duramax t-case in stead so sorry i asked another question in MY thread about MY transfer case ! . . .
now go ahead continue on about this Duramax unit the thread is now yours. . .

Mike

Back