• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Synthetic brake grease - what brand/type??

WilliamBos

Serial Post Whore in the making...
Reaction score
Did the brake service on my 04 (all wheel disc, love them. :) ). Slider pins in the rear Right were near dry, cane up ok though. First service since November, no shop/ garage to do them in.,

I am using Kleenex flo synthetic brake grease, but wondered what others were using?? May try something different for the July service.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk, as if anybody actually gave a sh!t if it was a desktop, laptop, crackberry, I-phone or freakin' morse code or for that matter smoke signals... :)

I have never used it but I have a friend that swears by it. It is called Stalube synthetic grease. When it comes time to do my brakes this is what I will be using.

crcindustries.com/auto/content/prod_detail_print.aspx?PN=SL3303

I've always use white lube like they used to have for door latches (WAY back in the day) but this stuff is Dow-Corning GL4500 synthetic lube. It works great and the best part is I get it free. I'd pay to use it if I had to though.

I used the Valvoline Syn Power synthetic grease when I did my pins. I can't vouched for it though because I just did them a month or two ago. Time will tell.

I've got a jar of Permatex synthetic disc brake grease that has a brush attached to the top. Most auto parts stores sell the same stuff in small "ketchup packages" at their registers.

It's been my experience that the heat will eventually melt most other greases causing them to run out of the caliper slides onto everything.

Bought an 8oz Bottle of Permatex Ultra with a brush on it, nice green stuff. Will last a long time.

The problem I was having with the Kleen-flo in the tube is that it would seperate in the tube, and no real way of re-mixing it again.

Bought new slider pins, new rubbers, did the brake service today. Will be good to March or April. I usually do it 3 times a year. May be overkill, but sure beats having them seize.

And, I love my all wheel discs. :)

Back