• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sync Outlook & Droid?

dka99burb

Reaction score
I am dissapointed in myself. I have been coerced from my Blackberry to a Droid4. I do not like the 'power' that Google has aquired in the market. Blackberry made solid, intuitive, smart devices but they have been pushed out by Google marketing toys for phones. Verizon has not updated Blackberry devices in a long time and I had to do something. Now, I cannot find a good way to sync the aggrevating thing with Outlook. The only good app out there syncs only the calendar, thru gmail. I need the rest, contacts at a minimum. Does anyone have experience with keeping your desktop Outlook (no exchange server)in sync with your droid?

If you're not using Exchange, then you've got to be using either POP3 or IMAP. You'll need to go add a mail account with your correct server settings. You would have had to do the same thing with your Blackberry since you can't run Blackberry Enterprise Server (which is what is used to sync with Exchange) without having exchange.

Here is a guide to adding an email account on your droid (should be running Icecream Sandwich, correct?)

http://www.onemetric.com.au/Documentation/Setting-up-a-POP-Email-account-on-Android-ICS

Adding the email was not the issue. Syncing my contacts was the big problem. I think I have a solution. Not really fond of the app but it is working. If anyone has a good app or program for sync of outlook to droid I would like an alternate solution. Right now I have my email set up, no issue, but looking for a replacement for the super reliable BlackBerry Desktop Manager that I am used to.
Thanks.

Back