• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Switching software

Has anyone switched from Avast to MS security essentials?

I did on both the desktop and laptop about 2 weeks ago. I like the MSE a good bit better as you can't hardly even tell it's running except for when it detects something and blocks it.

I've been running MSE on my laptop with W7 pro for a long time... just like Ferm said, you can hardly tell it's there. Consumes no where near the resources that some AV software seems to.

The desktop running XP pro has nothing on it... that's the surf machine that can be reloaded if it picks anything up.

Been running it for a couple of years atleast, way better than oter free software

I haven't switched from one to the other, but I run both... and I like both. MSE seems to work very transparently on my laptop, and my wife is running Avast on her desktop... it's a little more obtrusive, but definitely not a resource hog.

The first thing I do with every new machine is physically scrub one of 2 viruses off it ... either Norton or McAfee... :D

Back