• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

swapping a bw4401 to replace a 241c

chessie 6.5

Reaction score
has anyone done this? I got a 1993 k3500 xcab dually with the bw4401 with a gear vendors od. My k2500hd has a 241c. GV wants 850 exchange for the 241c adapter. I was thinking of swapping the GV and transfer case. NOW the problem is?? The k3500 torsion bar support crossmember has a rearward bow to it in the center, whereas the k2500hd is straight. Do all the 4401 xmembers have this bow? Has anyone swapped in a 4401 to replace the 241c without replacing or modifying the torsion bar support? Thanks

I just saw your thread here last night and I have my 94 k3500 srw in my shop now so I took a look. It has the 4401 transfer case and bowed torsion bar crossmember.
From what I can tell looking at it , you have to have the bowed crossmember for clearance. You will also need a different driveshaft because the 4401 has a fixed yoke and the 241 has the sliding front yoke. Different length also.
I took a couple pics that kind of show how the case would hit a straight crossmember.

IMG_2154_1.JPG IMG_2155_2.JPG

IMG_2156_3.JPG

Back