• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Svce Throttle Soon Light

nobby

Old Timey Diesel Guy
Reaction score
Before I start worrying about this, will a loss of fuel cause the throttle warning light to go on. Going uphill a short steep ramp, fuel tank low I experienced a momentary almost stall, which due to the conditions I very much suspect is due to me pushing the limits of my fuel tank. However I noticed at that point the STS light come on briefly as well. So can anyone confirm that a lack of fuel stall can cause this as I suspect before I start to think that my throttle is going south. Are their codes thrown for the STS light?

Bloody cost of fuel has got me riding the low side of the tank now when driving locally. :(

cheers
Nobby

probably heard this before but it doesn't cost anymore to keep it full than it does empty LOL I was under the impression if the throttle pedal was acting up it would throw at least a soft code

Yep not a fuel saving measure, merely a silly mental cannot stomach the numbers thing when filling her up. Though come to think of it I guess I could just keep her full in $50 shots instead. :D Also from a mechanical standpoint smarter than running low and sucking up the dregs!

Cheers
Nobby

Yep not a fuel saving measure, merely a silly mental cannot stomach the numbers thing when filling her up. Though come to think of it I guess I could just keep her full in $50 shots instead. :D Also from a mechanical standpoint smarter than running low and sucking up the dregs!

Cheers
Nobby

Just chuck 50 bucks in it when it reaches 1/4 tank.

I wouldn't worry about the STS light at the moment.

Don't run it low anymore and see if it ever comes back...

In my opinion it is always a bad idea to run on a low tank. I try to keep it full all the time to try and ensure fuel with less 'bits'.

Sincerely,

Rob :)

In my opinion it is always a bad idea to run on a low tank. I try to keep it full all the time to try and ensure fuel with less 'bits'.

Sincerely,

Rob :)

Exactly, all of my vehicles are 1/2 tank or higher, you never know when you need to go somewhere in a hurry plus it keeps condensation out of the tank, and yes it doesnt cost any more to keep your car full

Pull the codes and see what ones are in the computer. Then you will know what it was complaining about.

Alright guys lay off, I'm well aware of the issues of running a tank low, after all I work with large fuel tanks on ships for a living. You wanna spend a day constantly changing out racors in rough seas with a tank that hasn't been cleaned in a while. It's always somewhat amusing to be questioned by a fresh engineer why are we stocking all those boxes of filters.

Anyways no glitch since but I'll hook up the scan tool this weekend and see whats in there.

Cheers
Nobby

Alright guys lay off, I'm well aware of the issues of running a tank low, after all I work with large fuel tanks on ships for a living. You wanna spend a day constantly changing out racors in rough seas with a tank that hasn't been cleaned in a while. It's always somewhat amusing to be questioned by a fresh engineer why are we stocking all those boxes of filters.

Anyways no glitch since but I'll hook up the scan tool this weekend and see whats in there.

Cheers
Nobby
:rofl:

Alright guys lay off, I'm well aware of the issues of running a tank low, after all I work with large fuel tanks on ships for a living. You wanna spend a day constantly changing out racors in rough seas with a tank that hasn't been cleaned in a while. It's always somewhat amusing to be questioned by a fresh engineer why are we stocking all those boxes of filters....

Well, that's one way to clean the tanks....;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would suspect the code was probably a misfire detected due to almost stalling.

I have a friend who ran his gasser out of fuel and he had a misfire code after that, I cleared it for him with CarCode.

Back