• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Surging after Lockup

Dura-Ration

No Obuma
Reaction score
I have a surging at highway speeds of 55mph & up. It seems to be worse when engine is still cool & right after Torque converter lockup. It will continue to do this until it reaches 195*. And then it will be occasional. This has begin going on for about 5 months, but recently gotten worse. Any suggestions would be helpful. Is there a sensor that is dirty or something else ?

Yes its tow tune and race tune. I cleaned all sensors this morning and now i'm about to drive it to see if that did anything. If not, I'll try my stock tune and see if that works.

Nope

Tried the stock tune, it made it less noticeable but still there. It has something to do with fuel or so it seems.:confused: Help

You might try dumping a bunch of injector cleaner in the tank and as the saying goes "wring the PI$$ out of it"...

Gradual decline

At idle it purrs like a kitten. The CP3 injection pump and regulator are fairly new, less than a year old. Thanks for the input Bud.
Kept it coming guys.:thumbsup:

How old is the transmission fluid? Has it ever been drained completely (except for what's in the TC)?

I checked my balance rates after what Mike said (BTFARM) and were fine I guess. #8 Was -1.74 #6 was -0.84 the rest were -0.14 in park. I have been running Biodiesel for awhile but now that its winter ( around 30* to 50* ) I'm using regular diesel and power service for addivitve.

I thought balance rates were supposed to be checked in Drive...:confused:

I have read that GM says +/- 4 in Neutral and +/-6 in drive with engine at operating temp. There is also talk of putting a load on it by turning the steering wheel and having the A/C on.

Back