• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Supercharger Whining Sound

Mad Maxx

See, what had happened was...
Reaction score
Do any of you Guys Notice like a Supercharger Whining Sound on your Truck when giving it a lil more than Normal Throttle? Not Flooring it at all, just a lil more than Normal.

I can Hear it when my Windows are down, and it Sounds just like a Supercharger Whining.

Got any Ideas?

mine does it too....but usually when it is under a load and warm out....almost sounds like the fan is hitting a zip tie...it usually goes away after a min though

I've heard it before, rather than the zippy turbo spool sound it sounds like a more controlled, rpm based 'climb' right?

I've always wondered if it was part of the fan (even though it's free spinning when not locked) drawing just enough air to make the whine noise.

Yep, it Climbs with the RPM's. Doesn't Sound Bad at all IMO, just hoping it's not something GOING Bad.

if it is, we'll be BOTH getting it fixed. ROFL

I don't know if it's the VVT - it's always spooling and whirring, this is a lower sound, like a 'whine'.

I get a whine sound out of the VVT (a whistle) when I am running next to a wall and can hear it through the open window. It's noticable when I let off or on normal acceleration. Sounds kinda cool!:thumbsup:

Yea, don't get me wrong, it Sounds cool as hell, but I just Noticed it was doing it. If it did it all along, I wouldn't mind, but now that it's doing it all of the Sudden, I just wanna make sure it's ok.

But it's def. an S/C Whine rather than a Turbo Spool or Whistle Sound.

Whine is still here. Kinda think it's getting Louder too. Can DEF Hear it now.

But the Truck isn't Driving Weird, or Acting like anything is wrong.

Not too worried about it, just hope nothing Breaks outta nowhere.

Back