• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Super "B" turbo install

GFJ, how does the bags over the axle ride? I know in high school I had a 74 short wheelbase stepside with the bags on the trail arms, and ran about 5-8 psi and it rode like a Cadillac!

I tow a trailer for my business. I do custom interiors, kitchens, bathrooms, theaters, entertainment centers. We have been doing renovations since the economy has been in the sh@tter. Anyways..... I got tired of cranking the damn handle on the trailer jack. So I made a lever actuated stand/outrigger that holds the front of the trailer which is held in position with a ball lock pin. So with the air suspension I just back the truck up, look at the iPad which syncs to a backup camera. air down the rear end and when I get to the hitch I just simply air it up. Pull the ball lock pin out swing the lever so the outrigger goes up and re insert the ball lock pin. I also have a 5th wheel which I wanted more weight capacity. I use 3800 bags, which are rated at 5000 lbs a piece. So therefore I now has the ability to handle 10K on the rear. The bigger the bag the less air it takes to lift. I run 10-15 normally and depending on payload I can adjust to suit. It does ride super smooth. I would never go back to a leaf spring.

Yea, I want to get an old square body chevy crew cab dually and do a full air suspension on it. The 74 I had was the first and only full air ride in the town I grew up in. Lol I had to pull a johnny cash and get it one piece at a time. I bought a bag here, valve here, pan hard bar here until I finally got all the parts. I started when I was 15 buying parts, and finally got all the parts when I was 18 and got to put it all together. One of these days I'll have me another!

That would be nice to do a square pipeline!
Tonights progress
Fabricated the turbo to IC tube.
IMG_1394.jpg

Modified the Peninsula intake to install the MAP sensor and the Air temp sensor.
IMG_1403.jpg

I should get the other charge tube fabricated tomorrow.

Awsome work. I very much appreciate your skills and patience. I'm working on both...long journey. Anyway, Looking forward to seeing what's next. Look BTFarm...PURPLE (inside joke).
In "off topic" you should post up some of your renovation, kitchen, theater and other projects. AK has been doing a show and tell on how to build a house that is an absolute wonder to behold.
Thanks for sharing your talents.

Thanks Paul,
Ya know..... When I decided to use the Wiggins connector, in the the back of my mine, the purple would more than likely hit a cord with you LoL!
image.jpg

Lookin' good sir. Talented man.

Sweet project and I appreciate you taking the time to share. :thumbsup:

Thanks 3500GMC!
Today's update!
Everything in the engine bay is back together.
Engine.jpg

PenisularIntake.jpg

PassICpipe.jpg

Drove it a little while ago, have the boost set to 18psi. I don't have the EGT hooked up as I am doing bodywork on it now. And on a side note the original ECU had the older Heath GL4 towing program. Sent it back to Bill and he installed the latest performance program. The turbo lights up pretty well, actually better than expected. A little slower than the GM8 but not much. Mid range power is much stronger. 1st to 2nd shift is much firm than before to the point it spun in 2nd. Literally no smoke! Only a little on instant deceleration. Maybe 2 sec off the 0-60 (SOTP).
But...... To give you a comparison. If feels faster than my 05 Dodge 3500 Cummins in stock form. So once it is completely back from the paint shop and I get all the gauges back in it I can give better feed back. So far I'm happy with it.

Very nice job! I like it a lot. I bet it sounds sweet, maybe some video with a sound clip? Good luck with the body work

Back