• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Suncoast Stage 3 or Suncoast stage 4?

Money being a issue for me. I can't afford to have the Suncoast 4 and installed, So I will have to get the Suncoast 3 and have it installed. :)

The truck owner just really needs to sit down and think about what they plan to do. One might say yeah I am only going to run 500HP. We all know things change and this is an addiction! It never stops, at least for me it never stops. HaHa. You just don't want to under-build.
If you can come up with the extra 500 or so dollars do the IV!
Do it once and do it right!

what he said.... ^^^ i've been told that 3 being run at 450-500 hp will handle that power but may need refreshing every year or two. member from another site runs a tts kit that is the rough equivalent of a 3 and he is (correct me if i'm worn) somewhere between 550 and 600. he refreshes his once a year/season. go with a 4 if you can afford it. i personally have spent some time in a 600hp lmm that is wearin a sc4. that thing clicks off the shift like a stocker does to a stock dmax. hard to believe that the truck is 600 hp with it bangin gears as smoothly sa it does.

i personally will be doing sc4... soon i hope :D .... peace of mind, not to mention i beat the thing like redheaded stepchild....

nother member from diesel place did a inspection on a SCIII with 80k miles on it with daily driver of 475ish and nothing was wrong and no clutches were burnt

The truck owner just really needs to sit down and think about what they plan to do. One might say yeah I am only going to run 500HP. We all know things change and this is an addiction! It never stops, at least for me it never stops. HaHa. You just don't want to under-build.
If you can come up with the extra 500 or so dollars do the IV!
Do it once and do it right!

X2, save the extra money and get the bad boy!!

nother member from diesel place did a inspection on a SCIII with 80k miles on it with daily driver of 475ish and nothing was wrong and no clutches were burnt
not just a 475 ish, but n2o and a gazilion launches at the track. dont forget it also was his test and tune truck for the "shine":eyebrows:

Suncoast doesn't sell there kit for DIYers do they? I've heard of one of the trans companies that does, does anybody recall the name(s) of the companies that do? I see the OP is going to settle for less because he doesn't even want to install the tranny himself. I don't want to run into that problem. I want to have a lot more tranny for a lot less money. How hard can it be, it's just a transmission?;)

YES suncoast does sell a DIY kit. Thats what the Stage IV. is. The Stage V is the complete built tranny.

These are the quotes I got.

SCIV (W/1054): $3,300 with core charge and before shipping
SCIV/1054 installed: $4,500
SCV: $5,300 w/shipping both ways.

My advice, If you have some mechanical know how. Buy the ATSG manual and go to town. At first it scares you but when you look into it, its not too terribly complicated given you have the right tools.

Thats what the SCIII or SCIV are. They are for DIYers or to have a ocal shop install them.

Oh ok I didn't understand the core charge bit if it's a DIY. You must have meant that was your quote because you were having them do the work to the tranny??
How much do the kits run for just the parts you need to do it yourself? I thought I remembered reading about a kit on the other place that was around $2000. I don't think it was suncoast, in fact I think they were comparing it as somewhere between a scIII and a scIV.

This is why I hate the internet.

MY PRICES ARER FPOR DIY'ers.

Theyre from Merchant automotive.

$3,000 for me to do it. There is a core charge of $300 for the torque converter and a few other internal parts, but this is refendable.

$4,500 for eric to build it

$5,280 shipped both ways for me to install a pre built stage V. But there still is a refundable core charge, just cant remember what it was.

Since I bought one I can comment.

Go with the Stage IV.

Back