• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Suncoast boost modifier valve?

BKDespain

Recruit
Reaction score
For 04.5-07-- This valve controls fluid flow to the converter clutch and reduces main line pressure from 255 PSI to 155 PSI when the converter clutch applies, In the LB7 transmission the TRANSGO® A1-LU-BST valve allow the amount of cut-back to be controlled so that main line stays at up to 190 PSI. The LB7 valve will not work on late LLY units. The LLY units require the Sun Coast A1-LU-BST-04 valve for pressure control.

For 01-04-- This valve is the converter flow valve. This valve controls fluid to the converter clutch and cuts back pressure from 250 psi ( or so ) to 145 psi when the converter clutch applies. This valve will bring that pressure to a more acceptable 170-190 psi, and much more depending on application. We need this extra pressure because all you guys that are running big programs and nox are pushing the pressure limits for clutch holding power.

Copied and pasted info from Suncoastconverters.com^^^^

Does anyone here run one? Does it help the Transgo jr. work better? Is it for built Alli's onlY? Pricing is cheap and I assume the instal would be easy, but I would like to know more about it before I get one.

That valve will require the transmission to be removed to be installed. Does it help, yes. What it does is change the pressure once the converter is locked. The stock valve will drop the pressure from ~255 down to ~155. With the Transgo valve it will only drop to ~185. This gives the clutches more holding pressure only while the converter clutch is locked in place. When using this valve it will raise the transmission fluid heat about 5 - 10 degrees. We've got them on the shelf for all model years and they come as part of our transmission upgrade kits.

I see. I guess I will wait for that upgrade if my tranny goes south. Thanks for the input.

There is always the chance that your converter will apply very hard when you use this valve so be ready. Some people don't want to tell you the dirty little secrets and only want to sell you product. You can always tell when an infomercial folows a tech answer.

Right on Mike. Thanks.

Do you run these in your builds? Do you consider them a priority? If so at what RWHP?

Back