• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Suncoast 1056 or 1057

Duramaxin 41

I'm Confused
Reaction score
I'm wanting to change out the torque converter in my truck and I'm stumped on which converter to go with. I am going to go with a Suncoast, but I can't decide whether to go with a 1056 or a 1057.

For know, I'm running a Bully Dog Triple Dog (going to change to a Predator soon) in performance mood, Volant air intake, Magnaflow 4 inch exhaust, BD Diesel exhaust manifold and I have a 6" Fabtech lift with 35"s. I would like to put more performance parts on my truck in time and I have considered going with a stage V transmission later on. I guess I'm looking for a converter that will allow room to grow.:eyebrows: Any opinions?

The 1056 is a great all around converter. It is also a lot cheaper than the 1057. If you need some prices, let me know.

they dont make the 1057 anymore. they will sometimes make a couple but they are gobbled up quick.

if you do a stage IV you will not need to upgrade to a stage V as they are the same only the stage iv is built by the guys at suncoast

1056 is what I'm going with. I do think the 1057's are hard to come by also.

Gmclbz will treat you right. I'll be getting my SC IV kit from him soon. :eyebrows:

if you are worried the 1056 wont suit your needs in the future, you have to know what is in store for your truck.

If you need to spool up a big turbo for sled pulling go with the 1055(2600RPM Stall) like me.

If you plan to drag race with a medium sized turbo, go with the 1054(1600RPM Stall)

they also have the 1058 but i havent heard many good opinions on it. It tends to lockup harsh and such.

They have the 1059 too which is designed for trucks with twins but i havnt heard any reviews on it

Thanks for all your opinions, looks like I will be going with the 1056 converter.

Do I need to do anything else while I have the transmission out?

Nope Just a suncoast kit and 5 gallons of ATF. The only other thing you could possibly need are some thrust bearings but I doubt it.

you will want a full suncoast kit, it has special parts that arent off the shelf to make up for the clearnaces of the extra clutches and such

Back