• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Suggested Mods for 6.0 Gasser?

dka99burb

Reaction score
I looked at the exhaust. It's dual all the way to the muffler. So, I am thinking of just replacing it and pipe after it. I don't want loud but I would like to know it's running other than the chevy tick. Does it need K&N & TB spacer or is stock air box sufficient?

If you wanna keep Costs to a Minimum, get a Dry Amsoil Drop-In Filter for your Stock Airbox, and Swiss Cheese the Side of the Airbox that butts up against the Fender.

You should consider a good air filter rather than an oiled cotton gauze band aid. Rather than run a K&N just throw away the air filter and be done with it. You will get the same amount of dirt in the intake as a K&N lets by and less oil without any filter in place.

Good cold air to the engine increases power and MPG. Beware of hot under hood air intake kits.

Exhaust work esp. replacing the muffler is always good for a little economy and sound.

I like air raid, put one on my cousins '13 6.0 and it fit perfectly and sounds throaty.

I ran an Amsoil drop I and cut out box w/ parts from silicone intake to get rid of the accordion stuff. That was a 4.8l 02 c1500. +1.5 mpg w/ 3" magnaflow cats and a piece of 4" pipe dumped.

I lost 5mpg going from 245/75 tires to 285/75 but gained 2mpg back when I dropped in a new rear with 4.10's

Sent from: Source Unknown

Back