• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Substandard products and workmanship

And just where the hell do you think their surnames came from, you racist? The Spaniards (Europeans) who conquered the the Incan, Mayan and Aztec empires!

And just where the hell do you think their surnames came from, you racist? The Spaniards (Europeans) who conquered the the Incan, Mayan and Aztec empires!

Allen, don't start that on my thread. That will be a quick way to derail it. It already went a different way than I desired.

Well, Jody, if the "new" modified headers still have problems, perhaps when warm weather comes you can go drive and visit Nate @n8in8or, because we all know he's built a set of kick-ass stainless steel headers that work great, and maybe he can fab up a set for your motorhome. Plus, there has to be some microbreweries nearby you can visit!

Well, Jody, if the "new" modified headers still have problems, perhaps when warm weather comes you can go drive and visit Nate @n8in8or, because we all know he's built a set of kick-ass stainless steel headers that work great, and maybe he can fab up a set for your motorhome. Plus, there has to be some microbreweries nearby you can visit!
Thank you for the compliment! Mine were just mild steel, though, and I’m not sure how they’d hold up under the abuse of a motorhome. I hope to get a TIG in the near future then I can do some stainless work. Do let me know if you’re in the area though, there are a crap-ton of micro breweries in the area and it would be fun to meet you guys!

I never bought anything from the guys in GR, but I did talk to Matt on the phone one time to ask for advice and experiences on injector pop pressure. He didn’t have any info for me because they never tried different pop pressures, but we did talk for probably 15-20 minutes which I thought was nice of him since I wasn’t a customer. I don’t remember much more about our conversation other than he was dumbfounded at how much fuel my IP is putting out. It made me wonder who they were dealing with for pumps - must have been just a rebuilder, not any shop with an interest in hot rodding. This thread really surprises me because, like it’s been stated, they had a pretty solid reputation in the 6.5 world. I guess anything can change when money is involved.

Regretfully, Leroy was not an AMG re-seller at that point . . . I almost went with Kennedy for the purchase, but the all-in price was just a little better at the other place.

I bought timing gears from Kennedy for the P-400 as Penn did not want to source or install them. When the local mechanic opened the box (several months after I bought them and waited for the P-400), a couple of the gears were seriously nicked and the set was unusable. All it took was an E-mail with pictures and Kennedy shipped out a replacement set at no charge and did not want the damaged ones back. So, there were some individuals whom did the right thing along the way ;)

Regretfully, Leroy was not an AMG re-seller at that point . . . I almost went with Kennedy for the purchase, but the all-in price was just a little better at the other place.

I bought timing gears from Kennedy for the P-400 as Penn did not want to source or install them. When the local mechanic opened the box (several months after I bought them and waited for the P-400), a couple of the gears were seriously nicked and the set was unusable. All it took was an E-mail with pictures and Kennedy shipped out a replacement set at no charge and did not want the damaged ones back. So, there were some individuals whom did the right thing along the way ;)
Yup, I had a bum fan clutch a few years back and he replaced it immediately. I like John.

Back