• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stuck in koko still

From what you've described I'd try changing the crank sensor
Can you explain your reasoning for that?? i unplugged it and its working,. If it wasn't working KOKO would not initiate due to a fault code,.It also seems to me that it is working because KOKO does initiate at 171 deg everytime the truck warms up,. very frustrating,.
i wish there was a procedure somehow to exit koko,. If i unplug the crank sensor i have an extended crank time, but motor lights off just fine,. So after performing all the "tests" i respectfully disagree with your idea,.
Just to refresh,. this truck was running for a couple of years and been across canada just perfectly BEFORE i decided on a whim to perform koko procedure.. i am not the kinda guy to fire a parts shotgun at problems,. unfortunately i don't have equipment to test a pcm.

So when you unplugged the OS and it was running on the CPS you said it ran erratically. It should run smoothly. It should run smoothly on either sensor by itself albeit with less power because it is in limp mode.
Just re read what i wrote just make sure,.. motor was idling, i unplugged OS, motor ran rough and as i said it was hunting for its idle speed, then as i said it settled down and ran quietly,.
i'm not sure what you keep driving at ,. but as far as i can understand i have determined the engine will run with either crank sensor or OS working solo or in tandem,. so i'm not sure what your point or contribution is here sorry.

Back