• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stops cranking while cranking.

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Reaction score
:boggled: Say What? Yes, It stops cranking while I am trying to start it. Key it again and it spins over fine and starts. Done this twice so far this month. Like the starter quit mid crank or you let the key off before the engine starts. Pretty sure I had the key solid in the start position the first time. (You know the early GM warning before you walk sort of issue?)

Would this be a loose tone ring TSB for the CPS? It always kinda idles funny like it has a miss when first starting, but, isn't missing.

Then again all my stuff is kinda funny.

Could be a problem with the cam tone ring. That isn't to uncommon for an LLY. Pretty sure the LLY triggers the starter via the ECM, so there has to be some reason why the ECM would stop or over ride the starter.

You need to sell that thing so Im not confused when you post :rolleyes:

Figure it out?
Don't know if this helps, but you cannot crank the starter if the engine is running with your truck right? My old 03 Dmax wouldint let me. Anyway maybe your ecm thinks the truck has started allready so cuts the starter out??

You need to sell that thing so Im not confused when you post :rolleyes:
God forbid somebody would be discussing a DMax...:rolleyes:

J/K Leroy...:hihi:

Anyway maybe your ecm thinks the truck has started allready so cuts the starter out??

That's what I was thinking. Like there's a shorted wire somewhere.

Back