• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stoked Collection of Pot Fueled Rides

JayTheCPA

Reaction score
While the vehicles were probably built and funded from illicit activities, you can get clear title to them:

Some are more street legal than others . . .

Tread lightly when buying seized property the blow-back can bite the buyer squarely in the a-s because there was a recent SCOTUS ruling that seizing property "asset forfeiture is not only cruel and unusual punishment it is unconstitutional and always has been with the denial of due process."

Last edited:
Tread lightly when buying seized property the blow-back can bite the buyer squarely in the a-s because there was a recent SCOTUS ruling that seizing property "asset forfeiture is not only cruel and unusual punishment it is unconstitutional and always has been with the denial of due process."

About time. It affects sold items as well before an arrest. So a innocent buyer with no clue gets caught up in the mess.

I've researched it thoroughly and found what is called civil asset forfeiture is actually "military bounty authorized under a war footing." Americans have been clueless but are now waking to the reality of usurpation's of arbitrary government's.

Tread lightly when buying seized property the blow-back can bite the buyer . . .

Agree.

While I am far from qualified from (or allowed to) offer legal advice . . .

From what I am reading in the media, the challenges to seizure laws are coming from scenarios where the forfeiture happens as a result of an arrest (and not a conviction). Some are claiming that forced forfeiture prior to conviction is discriminatory.

In this auction's case, the individual has gone through due process where the forfeiture looks like it is part of the plea.

Toward some of these specific vehicles, just read an article on Road & Track where they noticed that a bunch of the vehicles can never get registration for road use in the US due to their import status. Specifically, the model of vehicle was never run through EPA.

So, anybody want a farm vehicle that can do 0 - 60 in less than 5 seconds? :)

. . . found what is called civil asset forfeiture is actually "military bounty authorized under a war footing."

Disclaimer again, I am far from a legal expert and only know what I read in various RV and news outlets.

This is a bit of a different deal and occuring a far amount at the local LE level. Am not surprised that DHS leverages it.

Here is a more common scenario:
- LE pulls somebody over for any reason (legal or not is an eventual determination by a Judge), although the Officer focuses on looking for signs of criminal activity in addition to the reason for the stop.

- If the Officer is able to see inside the vehicle and identifies something valuable (example: large wad of cash), the Officer may then make the leap that it outside of normal behavior, claims it is part of a criminal operation, and seizes the asset right-on-the-spot. As a lead-in to trying to gain access to the inside of the vehicle, the Officer may legitimately and accidentally mistake something as illicit (example: 'accidentally' identifying a soda can as an open alcohol can). Once inside, the Officer corrects the 'accidental' mistake, but is now inside and can keep going . . .

- Properly trained LE knows that everybody has a threshold where trying to get the asset back is not worth the effort (example: distance from home, low-ish value, etc) and takes the gamble that it will turn into assets that flow back (in whole, or in part) to the LE's home organization.

Lessons learned for motorists is to never allow a search of the vehicle without due process. Especially if the stop is traffic / moving related (example: excessive speed, failure to stop for a signal, light-out, etc . . .) where there is no need to go inside the vehicle. Doing so just allows for an expensive fishing expedition. Also, by not allowing the search, plan on the Officer applying greater pressure to get inside to go fishing. Although, if an Officer is able to see something in plain-sight, it seems like there is little ability to prevent the search.

Also, for clarity, I fully embrace our LE community as that is a very difficult (and frequently thankless, not to mention fatal) job.

JayTheCPA,

All seizures are under a war footing and IMO usurpers declare emergencies to war upon this or that and that in of itself "is the issue."

All LEO's are defined within statutory schemes as paramilitaries of a corporate municipality they are paid a salary and get extremely great pensions so why is it they also profit from bounties to enforce laws they are more likely than not commandeered to enforce for the FEDS be it DOJ DHS or whomever?

They also identify the public at large as "civilians" while they clearly bare feudal military rank and possess military grade arms and other implements of war to enforce statutory schemes and conduct a war on drugs over the civilian populations.

Can you tell me where within the founding documents can one find anything whatsoever that would authorize LEO activity as it exists these days?

Why should any LEO profit from incentives paid into their state pension fund by the insurance industry to write tickets? I'm talking Florida here and its happening in every state.

The cat is out of the bag as they say "the public has discovered that the FEDS require all LE agencies to hire foreign nationals into LEO ranks."

Consider, when Gilliam declared that he had signed an anti law enforcement manifesto he surged in the Florida polls but lost by a very thin margin so that indicates the general populace at least in Florida is not in tune with embracing law enforcement as it exists these days.

Back