• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stock Turbo Boost Max

c33080

Reaction score
What is the max boost a person should run?? I put the PPE boost increase valve in the wastegate line and the turbo resonator plug and I have been running the Edge Juice W/ Attitude on setting #2 (tow). When I stand on it hard I can get a boost of 25 and I dont know if that is too much or not??

What is the max boost a person should run?? I put the PPE boost increase valve in the wastegate line and the turbo resonator plug and I have been running the Edge Juice W/ Attitude on setting #2 (tow). When I stand on it hard I can get a boost of 25 and I dont know if that is too much or not??

Around 32PSI is the "safe" stock limit. Stock headgaskets are good for around 50PSI.

With the cruse set at 60 to 65 I run a boost af 4 to 6 ???? Is that good bad or dont matter????

With the cruse set at 60 to 65 I run a boost af 4 to 6 ???? Is that good bad or dont matter????

Depending on incline, I run right around 3-4 PSI on flat ground @60-65.

I hope your not monitoring boost on the attitude, gets the info from the factory sensor that maxs out at 26. Use an independent gauge

32psi at the highest, 30 would be best for long term durability

I run the PPE boost valve and hit 32psi. And I wouldnt go much higher. If your running enough fuel to hit that much boost the turbo is likely to bark if you get out of it too fast and over time this is not good.

The most I could ever hit with the edge on 5 when it was on my truck for some experimental stuff was 28psi.

I run 4-6 while cruising at 70mph down a flat road, but thats with 35s too so the RPMs are lower,

and just daily driving with a slightly large tune in I never see over 20psi unless I really get on it then I can peg 33psi, but I find that I rarely do this as my tired tranny slips.

All of my readings are from an autometer 35psi boost gauge.

I run the PPE boost valve and hit 32psi. And I wouldnt go much higher. If your running enough fuel to hit that much boost the turbo is likely to bark if you get out of it too fast and over time this is not good.

Is this "bark" the choo choo choo choo sound? Mine does this sometimes when i do burn outs. What's the best way to prevent this? Banks wastegate or what?

Yep thats it.

Theres no way to prevent it except easing out of the throttle. No aftermarket part can prevent it, its just what turbos do when you jump out of the throttle. Even a completely stock truck with no exhaust intake or tuner can bark the turbo.

A Blow Off Valve Will Fix The Bark, Not Sure If Anyone Has One On A Stock Turbo Though. And They Are Pricey For A Diesel. All The Cool Kids Have One.

Jim

my truck is totally stock with the PPE Excelerator on the 160hp tune and i can spike to 25psi and thats it. max constant boost is around 22-23psi and while cruising 75 im at about 6psi

my boost hits 34 goin on the street i have no idea what its hittin on the track. stock turbo lb7 I'm just waitin for it to grenade .

Back