• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stock caps and aftermarket wheels - need new lugs

88gmctruck

02GMCtruck
Reaction score
Ok, So i'm rocking my Raceline Renegade 6 wheels.

P1080768.jpg

Anyway, I want to stick a set of 99+ GMC chrome center caps on there. I bought a set on ebay.

img_1645_1269326083.jpg

So, I know to use these caps I will have to use the dual thread lugs nuts, but the problem is my wheels have a recessed area where the lugs go, and the OEM dual threaded lugs won't fit in there. So does anyone know of a set of lugs that are essentially extended dual thread lugs? I've searched to no avail.

My second option is essentially building a bracket with another set of lugs on it......

My rear studs are 14x1.5mm - the same as the dual threaded lugs and your truck

My front's are 7/16". I can upgrade them to 9/16" or 12mm if I desired.

I don't have any pics up, but on the 2000 I used my stock center caps on my MT's with stock lugnuts. They wouldn't reach at first, but I shaved down the centercaps (ruins them for anything else obviously) with a bench grinder. Real easy to do, you just have to keep them round and take a little at a time till the centercap nuts can reach the threads

As for the hubs, I'll be cutting the centers out of a pair so they reach through.

And yes, the lugs won't really fit the hole. Aside from that, the lugs would be entirely recessed in the wheel itself, aside from it having a drop center. If I had another style wheel with the flat area around the lugs, I'd be fine.

Back