• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Still Dying!

Gunner0812

A(ACLU) Agent Mini Gunner
Reaction score
Just changed out the lift pump today. Along with OPS, Remotly mounted the PMD/FSD within the last week. When I first fired it up it died and it fired up again ran for good 5 mins. Just fired it up again and its back to dying after 5 second or so. What could this be? Could it be? Is the timing off? Help Please.

Don't remember, was it a new or used PMD that you remotely mounted?

Check all the connections you messed with when you changed the LP. Make sure you don't have an air leak.

seems to me like you have air in the lines. Or your LP isn't priming the system before the truck fires. Does your truck pressurise the lines during glow plug cycling or while its cranking?

Its running now. It was air or evil monkeys! I purged the t valve and checked the fuel filter and nothing. Did some running around town in the pontiac. Getting ready to change out the pmd and it fired up and keep running. Took it around the neighborhood with no problems later today I'm going to do some hi speed power runs!

Back