• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sticky on lift pumps

RD400HP

Reaction score
My fuel system took a crap on me last night. Finally got the truck running and it seemed to be running ok, then I developed a fuel leak back by the FMD, probably the rubber supply line hose but also I don't hear the LP running now.

What I need to know is where is the harness so that you can check the lift pump? On the sticky it says you can check this at the DLC where would that be? Thanks.

Mark

Its the OBD connector, and you can power your lift pump in a 1995 off of pin F, or you can see what voltage the lift pump is getting by measuring the voltage on pin F while the engine is running. When my OPS was failing and the lift pump trying to work, I would see the pressure go to vacuum and the voltage from the DLC went to like 7V which wasnt enough to run the LP.

Ok thanks guys I understand now ,that thought ran through my head before if it might be the diagnostic port. Well I might as well pull the intake and change the fuel hoses and do the FTB mod.

Which is the best stock type LP to buy for like a stock hook up, Delco, Carter or spend the money on a Heath?

Mark

All of them are hit or miss. Whichever you can get for the lowest price. For some reason at the parts store the one for 1993 costs less and does the same thing and was spec'd higher than 94 and 95.

Thanks Buddy I'll check that out, I eventually want to get a good pump with a pre-filter for it thanks again.

Mark

Remember, it could also be your oil pressure sensor that is supplying not enough voltage to the pump.

Back