• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

steering problem...

Deere, just a brainstorming idea, but wouldn't it be money well spent to put airbags in, especially if you are towing your 5th wheel or gooseneck alot? I was under the impression that airbags can really help prevent premature failure of leaf springs and blocks. I might be wrong, though.

well got it on a lift, got the old block out, put in another alum one in like it for now and i did find some cast blocks for $45 that i ordered. The aluminum one i took out was mashed very bad lol considering it's 1.5 inches tall now instead of 2 :D I think i'm gonna install those cast ones before i do too much more gooseneck hauling ;) The pin is gone, just broke off completely. glad i didn't have any u-joint problems like mentioned lol.

Are you overweight?

I would be scared to tow with blocks for very long. Just me though :)

Deere, just a brainstorming idea, but wouldn't it be money well spent to put airbags in, especially if you are towing your 5th wheel or gooseneck alot? I was under the impression that airbags can really help prevent premature failure of leaf springs and blocks. I might be wrong, though.

i've been procrastinating on that one, i guess i should go out and get some installed...

Back