• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Steering is junk, upgrade time. more q's

06bowtie_guy

Recruit
Reaction score
Well the pitman and idler arms are shot on my 06. Not too amazed as I plow commercial parking lots and then raced a fair amount this year.

Anyways time for the upgrades. Sofar I'm thinking the cognito idler and pitman arm braces. Next is the centerlink, I have found crank it up diesel sells them. Think I should get one while I have it all apart??

Finally, I have found cognito HD tie rods, my only problem here is the thing sayin sway bar endlinks need to be replaced as they will rub when turning??
Anyone have experience with this??

Now shipping, anyone know a vender who could ship this stuff via USPS??

Thanks

I don't plow, but have the Cognito braces and SD tie rod sleeves. That front end feels nice and tight now. I did not see a need to add a centerlink with the braces.

I suppose that you could ask any vendor to ship USPS versus UPS ground. It will likely cost more, though, due to the size and weight. I'll bet that Nor-Cal Nick can help you out with an opinion and options.

Thanks for the reply, Currently I just have the SD sleeves, possilbly for now just the braces will do, save a little cash would be nice!!.

I've sent nicks sales an e-mail :)

It seems to vary for shipping, UPS charges us some extreme brokerage fees so often USPS comes in a little cheeper.

Nick has his own forums here on this board. Try from the main page, tell him what you're looking for and he'll get with you...

Back