• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Starter ?

Gunner0812

A(ACLU) Agent Mini Gunner
Reaction score
The starter on my truck is starting to sing its nasty song. Can I replace the solenoid or do I have to replace the whole thing?

loud starter ? Check to see if you have the rear support bracket. If you don't fix it immediatly and replace both starter bolts as they will be stressed.

:D:D:D
Yes Kenny, Dennis!

Gunner, do you have federated auto parts stores down there? I got a starter from them a few years back with a lift time warranty for under 200 bucks a years ago.. might want to check there? :smile5:

I think if you check the RockAuto.com you can find some replaceable parts.

The good starter has a reduction gear drive . Many aftermarket 'rebuilds' are poor quality ... dealing directly with a local auto-electric rebuilder can be better.

There is an auto electric rebuilding component distributor near me on L.I.,NY which i just discovered (not 'dealt with' yet) :
Monmary Corp. manufactures and distributes component parts for alternators, starters and solenoids, for automotive; truck; industrial and heavy duty applications. Check out their stuff:
http://www.monmarycorpusa.com/

-- T m

Thanks Tom. Took another look at it does wiggle or move at all and this time no noise at all. It comes and goes. My truck is different, Its enough to drive you crazy! I trying to figure out why it comes and goes.

Back