• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

stalling

dusty

Reaction score
hey don't no if im in the right spot or not truck started stalling mostly when i apply brake to turn sometimes when i let of the footfeed when have to slow down truck always starts right now wheni statr it and purrs. have had truck 4 , 3 half years since replaced and relocated pmd to front bumper replaced lift or supply pump oil senser,and vac. lines to wastegate.its an early 1999 2500 4 door short box 4x4app. 200000km on motor new oil cooler lines,injectorswaste gate sol.im thinking its an elect. problem one of the above or the innition switch wich if original i think any help will be app. thanks in advance

wow thats an oddball problem. How about hot wiring the IP so you can turn off all the electrical and maybe rule out a mechanical prob.

Hi Dusty

- Have you got access to a scanner? Any stored codes?

- Have you done the Lift Pump Test?

- Have you gone over your grounds lately?

- You might want to think about going through the Diagnostic Checklist and pasting the answers in here for us, so we can 'see and hear' your truck. It's darn hard to do much more than guess when all we have is a short paragraph description to go on.

Going through the diagnostic Checklist is a good idea for all of us yearly, anyway ... covers a lot of general maintenance items, and lets us think in a structured fashion about how the systems of our truck interact.

Many people solve their own issues just by using it as a troubleshooting guide.

hi thanks guys i forgot to mention when it stalls i just put it in netural turn the key and it fires right up and purrs.till the next time. im fairly new at this and don't understand what sort of mech. prob should i be looking 4 and how do i test the supply pump yes i have a code reader and no codes have been comming up.but i do have a plus i have a working chevy mech. i have to see soon to fix my abs light stays on i will have to ask him he lives in edmonton and has all the tools works 4 $45.00 hr. any other advice will be appricated

When you apply the brakes, turn a corner or let of the go pedal the engine shifts slighty in the mounts.
That is why i think a intermittent ground or maybe even a pinched PMD extension harnes could be the cause

thanks i just bought a extention for the pmd and relocated it inside the front bumper now runs very cool i put in two new batteries with two pos posts and 2 neg posts and now have 4 different grounds but i will check the ext. cable 4 any pinches thanks

Back