• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

stalling 6.0 L

eng158

Deputy
Reaction score
Ok guys next question for you all. What is wrong with my truck.

here is when it stalls any ideas for the problem would be great, as well as any possible repairs.

Engine is cold, not quite at normoal operating temp, i am turining generally a hard turn, not giving gas, slow speeds and then bam it stalls. When it does not stall in those senarios i watch the volt meter get very bouncy. it will go from above 12, or whatever the middle line is, to way below to above for about 10 sec. it does it about once or twice a week. any ideas? thnaks guys.

kind of but nothing like my old POS jeep. it idles rough especially when cold but only when it does the whole stumble thing.

i replaced it when this whole thing starterd a few months ago. helped for about a week and then the probllem started again. generally the seat heater is on, radio is on, and heat/AC is on but lowest setting. dont knwo if any of those things paly into it. thanks for the tips jeff.

Nick you had me all excited with a possible solution. thanks though. i guess the stalling truck saga continues. any one else with some input. it gets annoying when i get to the top of a curvy on ramp with a stop sign and it dies, especially when dealing with NYC traffic.

no no diesel, wish i had one but dont have the money. at least not until i am done with college.

ok thanks i will give all of those a try. i dont believe it is throwing any codes.

Another shot might be to check the Alt. You stated that the problem went away right after a new battery was put in for a short time, it may be the alt is not producing enough at low engine speeds to compensate for all the extra stuff you may be running and with a new fully charged battery that was able to handle the extra load for a short time.

yeah i have been thinking that. yesterday the truck was really acting up when i had the defroster on. while on the highway when i would take my foot off the gas the voltage would really drop. i thought i was going to stall when i hit traffic.

Better get it checked quick before it takes anything else with it. When I worked as a mechanic I did a lot of battery, alternator stater combo replacements because people let the problem persist and it ended up frying them all.

Had this problem with my dad's 6.0. It was a bad ground connection at the battery. I would say check the grounds

ok thanks all. i guess i will go use my buds tester start from step one.

Back