• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Stainless fuel line

jhornsby3

Reaction score
Good day all,

Just wondering if the stainless braided fuel lines can be attached to a barb fitting and clamped with a standard hose clamp? I am just wanting to get this fuel filter in and I can order up the other fittings later.

Thanks,
John

Whatcha workin on?

Putting a Racor R245s filter in the pick up. I live in an area where I have to order alot of stuff or due without. So I want to get the thing on the road and get the loaner back. I figure a year with the loaner and 28k miles is just about long enough. Now I can get any and every NPT fitting known to man from the vineyard supply or one of three tractor supply stores but AN fittings are at least four days out. I'll get the proper fittings for it to work on the truck another weekend later. For now I need to get the $4 a gallon car back and start driving the $4.49 a gallon truck.

John

Im getting geared up for a Walbro with Pre filter set up myself. Got any pictures of your project?

No pix but pm me an email and I can snap some tomarrow in the light and send them to you. That and I found a gal that has the filters complete for cheap. Well $89 bucks is cheap for it. Shipped.

John

Well the answer to the original question would be NO. That line won't go onto the barb fitting. Worked on trying to get it on for an hour and a half and all I could get it on was to two of the barbs. Now back to the ordering game. At least this time it will be two parts and not just one, four days out. Oh well!

John

Well got the new filter in and all the air out. Alot more responsive to say the least. I'll run it to work and see how it drives. Started up good with no smoke. The OEM filter set up was leaking from the bottom of the unit at the heater and the WIF sensor, both. This should really help pulling the fifth wheel.

John

So, if im reading this right you are no longer using the factory filter setup correct? Does the WIF light stay on or off due to it being disconnected? It might make more sense for me to just do the same thing if thats the case, just get a decent size filter for it. Does your new filter have a water drain on it? And last but not least whats the part number on the base you used?

Nope that factory set up is gone. No WIF lite. I went with a Racor 245R setup that has the 45gph flow and 2micron element. Ran 3/8 fuel line from the factory hard line to the filter up front by the ABS. And then 3/8 to the IP. It has the water seperator on the bottom and There is a provision for a WIF sensor and a heater. As soon as the account gets back up to where I can I plan on a fuel pressure guage in the dash with the rest of the added assortment. Till then it's an inline guage under the hood.

John

Back