• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

SSD vs Heath

john65td

Addicted to boost
Reaction score
i'm gonna go ahead and open a can of worms here. i've heard alot about both companies. i want everyones input the good the bad all of it. lets put it all out on the line here! pros and cons of both companies lets hear it

I can't say anything about SSD because I haven't bought from them. But I can say Heath is one of the best companies I have ever done business with. They stand behind everything they sell.

I haven't bought anything from Heath YET..... but I have talked to him on a couple occansions very, very ,very helpfull. It seems he loves to talk about our ole 6.5's no matter who or what you are doing. Not quite so with Walt I have tried to talk to him on a few things but he "never has time" to get on the phone. So I tired e-mail never got any answers. That when I found you all here(my saving grace).I have bought some parts from Walt parts seem to be OK but service may not be the best. .........my .02

Heath is expensive, but very good warranties and products are tested.
SSDiesel is way cheaper, mechanical products are decent, electrical ones id stray away from, service can be a hassle....

Have bought from both...SSDiesel before I knew better, and now everything comes from Heath for both my personal and company trucks. I cant complain too much about walt other than I think that he takes advantage of the un-educated 6.5 owners. Why would someone continue to sell a so called "upgrade" (intake mount FSD) that is known to be worse than factory? SSD is all about the money.

Bill Heath has been one of the most helpfull people I have come in contact with. He will always take the time to talk to you and explain anything, regardless if you are buying anything from him or not.

This topic comes up all the time on these forums, and I think its safe to say that Heath is the most respected and praised of the two.

Bill goes the extra mile and takes care of his customers.

I have nothing but praise for Bill and his crew.

Another good vendor is John Kennedy. John uses what he sells as does Bill

Just can't fault this at all.

MGW

One company does research and development....one company just sells parts....guess which is which...

This is a tuff one.

It is like comparing an apple to a grape.

No comparison! :thumbsup:

One company does research and development....one company just sells parts....guess which is which...

That's the best and easiest was to tell the two apart, I've found. One's a salesman, and one actually tests their products before selling them to the 6.5TD community.

Here's an example of customer loyalty versus customer satisfaction.
Bill Heath has earned the loyalty of folks he hasn't even sold to yet, and SSD is banking on the fickle whims of the low price attraction.
Customer satisfaction is usualy temporary, and is sold to the lowest bider...

Bill is a bit more expensive, but you know he is offering a trouble free customer care.
When he says he will stand behind what he sells, he will and won't fail.
He will too take time to e-mail you, explain, exchange.

To arrange a problem, I even had Ian phoning me (he just forgot time table and woke me up at 2 AM - scaring phone at this time :eek:)

As stated above, Bill always take time to share his passion of the 6.5
He will always consider your need and help you finding a solution or advise you.

Walt have some good products too, though I was told his reflash are Wester's ones (but I didn't verify that) as Bill make his owns. Problem is that Walt swore only by UPS -crappy expensive carreer- and I have limited faith in what he can say or advise when I see he continue saying the PMD kit is good mounted on the intake.

my .02

Walt is ok if you need oddballs stuff like those stupid screens in the FM etc. If Heath has a comparable product then I buy from Heath. Otherwise if it's something straight forward there is no issue buying from Walt. Just not a customer oriented business.

Bill Heath looks after his customers, I have had an issue and was dealt with promptly and professionally. Until he changes I have no desire or need to look elsewhere. Bob :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Call both of them to discuss your plans and your truck.

After talking to Bill, give Walt a call....

Wait, he wont answer.

Walt lied to me about numerous things via E-Mail when i was new to the 6.5 world. After learning what I know now, he was nothing but a salesman selling me all sorts of crap that never fixed the problem, which was his failed PMD unit mounted on intake.

He said direct, blatent lies. Scumbag. Its been years, so i can't remember them verbatim, so I wont repeat them.

I just cut my losses with him, and share my tried and experienced opinion of him and the way he runs his business whenever possible.

You hear a lot of bad stuff about him. People don't just make this stuff up for fun. Stay away. Support someone who's honest, and actually cares about the customer, often times down-selling them, instaed of a salesman who wont support his own products.

Back